Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A lot of ADSL Connection Drops

Qwertzycaotl
Dabbler

A lot of ADSL Connection Drops

Hi,
First post so please be gentle.
Recently been having some big issues with my ADSL Service (normally rock solid)
Line test shows no issues (PN Supplied) Silent Test sounds fine...nothing obvious anyway.
BB disconnects very frequently. Then I might get an hour or maybe more at a push then gone again.
Tried all the usual, Filter, cables etc
TP-Link Router replaced my old Belkin. Both exhibit the same issues. Loss of DSL Sync.
TP-Link goes through what looks like a warm reboot and wireless is dropped
Belkin does a re-sync of the DSL and then comes back up but Wireless stays on.
Logs from the TP-link are below:
                                                                          Downstream                                                              Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):                                                On                                                                          On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):                                                68                                                                          321
Attenuation (0.1 dB):                                                325                                                                        153
Output Power (0.1 dBm):                                            0                                                                          129
Attainable Rate (Kbps):                                        14,292                                                                      1,228

Path 0                                                                  Path 1 
                                                                        Downstream Upstream                                  Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps):                                                      12,749          444                                                      0                0
My VR From this morning are attached also.
Shows a good connection for 12+ hours from 4.30am yesterday then back to horrible.
Can anybody see anything particular there that could be causing me any issues?
Thanks in advance Smiley
8 REPLIES 8
cedlor
Grafter

Re: A lot of ADSL Connection Drops

Did PN not suggest what the fault might be when they gave you the VR?
Is that with an ethernet connection via a filter to the test socket (if you have one) inside the master socket
Qwertzycaotl
Dabbler

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Nothing mentioned.
I have a question out with them already and they have now enabled interleaving (gutted as didn't want it but can't work on a non stable connection)
I saw VR mentioned on here so asked for one to see what the actual state was....it's not pleasant reading lol Smiley
Ethernet to the Router and straight into the Master (no Test socket in mine).
cedlor
Grafter

No its not pleasent reading - I am amazed they just put it in your ticket without comment.
Have you had a look inside your socket - do you have any extensions used or not?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's worth noting that the VR wasn't just pasted on to a fault ticket with no comment, it was specifically asked for by Qwertzycoatl on a chat, so the advisor provided it.
There was a period of stability yesterday, was anything different during that time?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
cedlor
Grafter

@Chris - Thanks thought it was unusual, if it was raised as part of fault testing, not to have a comment.
Qwertzycaotl
Dabbler

Ah sorry guys didn't mean to imply it was just provided.
It was certainly requested by me after I saw it mentioned here and it looked rather useful Smiley
I'm using a hardwired extension into the master socket.
Nothing has been changed there for several months (I don't live at the house full time yet it's been a do er up project Smiley )
@Chris
New cordless phones were installed
I removed those on the 12/10 @ approximately 8.30 (frustratingly where the logging stops lol)
The 04.30 - 20.00 block was an old router with no phones installed.
At just gone 20:00 I swapped back to the TP-Link (new router) and plugged the phones back in.
Went up again this afternoon about 3.15 and removed the phone from the socket.
So far over 2 hours of internet.
I am also running a rolling ping to google with a timestamp added in case I see any drops Smiley
Qwertzycaotl
Dabbler

Any PN Agents on tonight that could provide me with a VR please for my connection?
Disconnected my phones from the line and got a good 6hrs+ connection from my router logs but went to check again today after work and shows 5 minutes uptime.
Wondering how it has been behaving during the day.
Thanks
Qwertzycaotl
Dabbler

Waiting for an Engineer to come and investigate.
I changed my MTU to 1500 and seem to have a bit more stability, not dropping every 2-3 minutes at least.
Since I have no master socket (not the BT Openreach one anyway) will I get one of these installed as a standard as my colleague understands that this is a requirement to be able to discount internal wiring easier?
Would anyone be able to provide a VR so I can see what change the increased MTU has made overall please?