Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A gander at my connection, please.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: A gander at my connection, please.

The title of a thread form a newish contributor is, "Anyone regret moving to Plusnet ?". I have to say that after many years of satisfaction, the continued banding of my connection is making me say, "Silly person! Do you need to ask"?

For goodness, sake! Can nothing be done to force removal?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Gandalf - can you please spread a little magic here please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry about this. I've removed the banding now.

You should see your router re-sync shortly. Let us know how your speed looks afterwards

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Luzern
Hero

Thank you! Resync about 1.25 hrs ago. dpwn speed 7578 kbps. ES in telnet 43; now at 1:55 ES 48. 

What's that telling me?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

In isolation, not a lot!  Please post the full set of router xdsl stats.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Luzern
Hero

@Townman Sorry about delay, but last evening I could not upload, and BT tester was showing error 2032 and weird figs. Anyway FWIW yesterdays post banding data is attached. Hope it's what you want.

Router, because of above, was off overnight, and this morning I reorganised the tangle of cables, and am using the cat 5e twisted pair DSL recommended earlier. I shall upload today's data in 2 /3 hours.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Here's a copy of your stats from our tests if it helps:

Profile Info: WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 6dB Downstream, UC Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)
Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 25.3 47.5
SNR Margin: 6.0 6.1
Errored Seconds: 12 0
HEC Errors: 57  
Cell Count: 402270 775602
Speed: 912 7611

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 6240 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 4992
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 58449 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 812
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 58449

Copper Test Details
  A to E B to E
Capacitance: 295 NanoFarad 298 NanoFarad
DP Line Length Estimate: 2725 Metres DN Line Length Estimate: 2818 Metres
Celerity: 42.3 dB Line Loss:  
Line Stability: Stable
Fault Report Advised: N
Service Level: 2
BRAGOutcome: NA
Faceplate: Not Detected

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Gandalf - Thanks - this is looking fairly good now!

@Luzern,

Router stats look darned good, DS is very good for the line's attenuation and US is about as good as it gets.

BTw speed test is disappointing, though the results look very suspect.  Suggest that you give these a run on and off to see what they report.  Also try the Thinkbroadband speed tester.

As for router stats, please keep this running and post graphs rather than stats from times when the lines look less than clean.  Particularly look out for spikes which take the SNRM down to zero and looks to see if synch was lost at the same time.

I have seen nothing in this journey which yet points to a specific issue which has been eliminated; therefore there is every chance that some event will cause the line to become banded again.  Comprehensive stats might provide some insight to the event which triggers this.

Luzern
Hero

Thank you @Townman @Gandalf Just out of curiosity, what is the Celerity reading? Dictionary definition "swiftness of movement" doesn't seem to fit. Upstream MTBE is low cf. down. Does up MBTE ever have adverse results for a connection?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

It is a measure of line quality and therefore implies speed capability.

Mean Time Between Errors indicates how many errors you are seeing in a given time interval. Consider also that DS is transferring more bits in one interval than does US. At this stage I’d not worry about the figures.

Luzern
Hero

Not worried just curious. as I said.Grin

Luzern
Hero

An odd OT question. Does Routerstats, either version,  work with  any VDSL router, preferably with some ease? The routers listed , unless I'm being blind, don't seem to show anything.

BTW rock steady now. Smiley

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I have RSlite working with a ZyXEL  VMG8924-B10A running in VDSL mode ... but RS lite does crash a lot!!

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Luzern There's a version of Routerstats that works with the Plusnet Hub One.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I think people tend to use DSLstats instead.