cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions

Maccer

A few questions

Hi all, I'm new to plus net from sky. I'm experiencing a few problems. My connection is advertised as upto 17 Mb download and I'm getting 4.9Mb(ish). Is that deemed reasonable?
I've also just been kicked from a zombies game, half way through on black ops 3, for the first time ever. Is that to do with my 0.23Mb upload speed?
I contacted customer services today. They said that the upload couldn't be uncapped, anyone know if this is true?
He also said he'd change a few things and I should get nearer 14Mb, it's still 5Mb 8 hours later. Any input would be appreciated as I'm a bit annoyed if I can't game without getting kicked.
P.s I know fibre is available before anyone says. If you are paying, I'll have it. 😉
5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: A few questions

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Changing the speed profile in our system is going to have zero effect. Your line is syncing really low, which needs sorting.

Can you confirm how your router is connected? Are you in the master socket with no extension leads? Is there any noise on your phone line when you pick up the handset?

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 21.6 29.5
SNR Margin: 6.5 4.1
Errored Seconds: 0 4
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 1802 4081
Speed: 280 5639

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2848 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 2278
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 13965 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 755
Indicative Line Quality: A Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 66
Profile Info: WBC 160K - 24M No delay (INP 0) 3dB Downstream, UC No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

I've just tested your phone line and it's reporting a fault external to your premises. I've passed this through to Openreach and created a support ticket on your account.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Maccer

Yes, it's plugged in to the main phone socket without an extension.
You said I've got an external fault on my line, do I have to report this to bt or from your last paragraph, is this taken care of?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Any faults on your phone or broadband you'd report to us directly and we'd file them with Openreach, however I've already done this so there's nothing for you to do right now. The estimated response time we've had for this is Tuesday, so hopefully you'll find the issue is resolved before then.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Maccer

Thanks for your help, hopefully this sorts it.