cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A faster way to get your ip profile changed?

backtogeek
Grafter

A faster way to get your ip profile changed?

Is there a faster way of getting your IP profile to update?
Perhaps a BTw number we can call to request a manual reset?
I know there are guidelines on how long it will take but frankly they are a load of bull, the amont of people I see on here, kitz.co.uk forums and even BT forums complaining that their IP profile has not updated is shocking, somthing is seriously not right here guys.
Perhaps this is just a failing on BT's part but I think there should be somthing we as end users should be able to do about this instead of getting the standard "please wait 3 days" responce which by the way has not been correct since early 2007!
I myself recently had a 40%+ increase in sync speed which should be 12 hours and it took the best part of 4 days to update
Can we contact PN and request a manual reset for us?
Is there a 'outside the box' way of doing it e.g. turn off your router for a set period of time?
Anyway I would be interested to here from PN on this.
I would also be interested to hear from other users who think that the IP profile system simply does not work as it should given the ip profile update time lines below:
250% - 3100% = 4 hours
40% - 250% = 12 hours
20% - 40% = 24 hours
15% - 20% = 48 hours
10% - 15% = 72 hours
8% - 10% = 96 hours
0% - 8% =120 hours
47 REPLIES 47
backtogeek
Grafter

Re: A faster way to get your ip profile changed?

Oh and by the way you can use this tool http://www.percentagecalculator.net/ to see what your % increase is
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi backtogeek,
Believe me if there was another way, we'd be using it. We wish we had more control over the ip profile too. I do hope one day we would be given full access to manipulate it.
Jojo Smiley
backtogeek
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
I think releasing a direct contact number for BTw for EU's to bug them direct would probably lead to them hading over power. 😛
I am sure plusnet could run an excersize that followed a proccess:
1) Collect all sync info
2) Verify against PN profile
3) Verify against BT ip profile
4) Run results trhough a matrix
5) Send all incorrect profiles to BT in a lump to fix
6) repeat once per week
7) publish stats to shame BT in to doing better because money sure as hell will not motivate them,
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

We have to face up to the fact that it isn't in BT's interest to do it faster or even at the set times in the above table.
Unless a great many boots are aimed up the relevant backsides little will change.
backtogeek
Grafter

I accept the fact that they are currently making very little effort, but I will not just roll over.
I think what I am starting to see id people in general are just happy to accept a poor service and generaly do not want to be a collective voice that would actualy have a say.
billnotben
Community Veteran

And just for the record.
From the above table 20% - 40% = 24 hours
For me 25% at 50 hours and still waiting.
backtogeek
Grafter

Yup what a supprise.
I am on 35 ish % and on 30 hours now no uplift on BT side.
I am raising a fault with PN now.
backtogeek
Grafter

35% increase 24+ hours no IP profile change

35% increase 24+ hours no IP profile change
I rang plusnet and spoke to Luke who said I have to wait 72 hours for IP profile changes, I told him "not since 2007" he said oh ok well there are alot of errors on the line.
I told him the Broadband engineer was just here yesterday and the line passed with flying colours so what sort of errors are they?
The responce was "no particular errors just errors" ..... great thanks that helps, he also said there were alot of disconnections, ...... yes over 24 hours ago while the BT engineer was here and for a good reason.
So I have been synced at 2464 for over 24 hours, no IP profile update has happened at the BT side, PN will not help because they want me to wait 3 days for no good reason.
The fact is the BT system is not working as it should and I want a fault raised.
Next tim I move Cable will be the single biggest factor in the choice of new location. if BT are involved in anything it will take 5 years off your life minimum!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI guys,
Appreciate what your saying, but it can take up to 72 hours of continuous connection.
Jojo Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: 35% increase 24+ hours no IP profile change

The fact is the BT system is not working as it should and I want a fault raised.

There is already a fault open on your account and it *can* take 72 hours for profiles to increase, I know that's not as intended but simply put if we try to raise a fault on this the first thing we'll be asked to do is check the profile after 72 hours.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
backtogeek
Grafter

Re: 35% increase 24+ hours no IP profile change

Thanks Chris I appreciate the quick responce.
As for my old ticket let be honest that ticket is out of control to many issues all wrapped up.
The line passed with flying colours so normal standards should apply.
Are you saying then that BT's standard responce to ISP's is please wait 72 hours and as an ISP you just accept this despite the fact that it has not actualy been relavent since early 2007?
If that is the case then its no wonder BT get away with so much, as far as im concerned BT are fobbing you off, they set the guideline why not ask them to stick to it or at least attempt to do so?
So where does that leave me, BT's gudance for that level of increase is 24 hours if it updates after 72 hours for example can I still raise a retrospective fault because it did not update when it should have?
backtogeek
Grafter

Why can it take 72 hours according to BT's own guide lines it should not.
Please dont take this personal I just dont accept blind acceptance on failures to deliver.
zubel
Community Veteran

Moderators Note
Merged two practically identical topics.
B.
billnotben
Community Veteran

Quote from: backtogeek
If that is the case then its no wonder BT get away with so much, as far as im concerned BT are fobbing you off, they set the guideline why not ask them to stick to it or at least attempt to do so?

I expect BT will say they are just guidelines. And they will remain guidelines precisely so they can fob you off.
If ISP's accept being fobbed off then end users haven't a hope of any meaningful change.