cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple of questions

randpwar
Grafter

A couple of questions

I requested a SNR reduction which was carried out about 11th December, however, the line was apparently unable to remain stable at the lower SNR and things reverted to ‘normal’. Then I  received a message from a CSC Analyst in My Questions on 18th December saying ‘No reply yet or email has been addressed to K H. I've emailed keith to check if he's got it addressed back to his mailbox’ and another from BOT – DSL Logged Faults on Xmas Eve morning saying ‘This has now been done for you. Please monitor your connection and let us know if you have further issues’. I’ve re-booted a couple of times since and the sync speed has increased to 4.9mb thus improving my Plusnet profile to 4mb, however, my BT Profile (as per test results below) appears to be 3.5mb.
My questions are:
1, What are these messages referring to?
2, Will the BT Profile raise to 4mb?
Download speed achieved during the test was - 3633 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :4905 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 445 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 3500 Kbps
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

Thanks
Rob
6 REPLIES 6
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: A couple of questions

Isn't sententiously an obsolete usage?
Irritates me, anyway.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

randpwar
Grafter

Oh yeah, hadn’t noticed that Jeremy  :D; I just pasted it from the BT speedtester.  I‘m more than happy to discuss the merits of this little used word and also what Sub, Normal and Priority BE means (traffic shaping?) on another thread, however, I’m keen that my original post isn’t hidden on a ‘can’t see the wood for the trees’ basis and a Plusnet member of staff responds.  Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

1, What are these messages referring to?

If I'm reading them correctly, they relate to the request to reset your SNR. We receive a reply into a specific mailbox which was being checked.
2, Will the BT Profile raise to 4mb?

It should do, the last profile update we have shows a sync of 4000 around midnight 28th Dec. It'll take around 72 hours syncing higher for this to increase.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
randpwar
Grafter

Thanks Chris, however, the replies came in about 10 or so days after the request to reduce the SNR was actioned by BT. It seems to suggest that this request has gone through twice, or are the replies just a little late and do in fact refer to the original (and only) request?
Rob
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

They look as though they are related to the original request and were just delayed as we hadn't received the email confirmation.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Well, I have asked for Noise Margin resets several times over the last year or two Cheesy
These were always actioned within 24 hours.
Profile always followed within 3 days.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."