cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Month of being a customer, 3 days of internet...

FestivalShaman

A Month of being a customer, 3 days of internet...

A month ago I placed an order for broadband and homephone with plusnet. I got an email telling me to expect everything to be up and running in 4-5 days. Great.
About a week later I was told that an engineer would be round to hook up my line. Ok, not so great but fine. I took the day off work and waited in for him to turn up roughly a week later. He told me that the line was already connected and his was a wasted visit. Oh, ok. Ah well. Waste of a day off work, but at least I'd almost got everything sorted.
About 5 days later the phone started working. Another week after that and the internet finally kicked in. For a day. One whole day, after which I lost both the net and my homephone connection - NDT.
I went through all the checks and plusnet said they'd let me know when to expect an engineer.
Now, for some reason, they informed me of this engineer visit via the internet. I don't HAVE the internet. That's the PROBLEM!
Anyway. It all started working again on Tuesday. The engineer turned up Wednesday, and didn't do a whole lot since the line was operational.
Thursday, the signal went AWOL again - no ADSL, no Dial Tone.
What on earth is going on, and what am I supposed to do?! I'm losing business through not having a net connection or a phone line, and nobody seems in a hurry to help me. Can I cancel my contract painlessly, since Plusnet have certainly failed to uphold their end of it? Can somebody at least phone me to let me know what's happening, since I've already wasted nearly a tenner on my mobile phoning Plusnet...
2 REPLIES 2
FestivalShaman

Re: A Month of being a customer, 3 days of internet...

ID: 34486087
Another thing I need to know is: if it DOES switch itself back on before an engineer turns up, should I keep the appointment and insist that he thoroughly checks the line?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: A Month of being a customer, 3 days of internet...

Welcome to the forums! I've had a read through your ticket and unfortunately your original fault has been closed off with our suppliers so I'm re-raising it as an intermittent loss of dial tone fault and will let you know our expected update time asap.
Edit: Estimated update time is Tuesday 5pm. The Faults Team will monitor this for you and keep you updated.