cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Few Internet Requests.

JDJ

Re: PLusnet is terrible!!!

Having been a force9 customer for years. I am so fed up with PlusNet. Suddenly in the last 2-3 weeks my internet drops out regularly, pages don't load, I can no long watch iplayer due to low bandwidth and I am not getting value for the money I pay. My internet is unreliable and certainly not fast. Today I have hardly been able to log on, I am fed up and will shortly be changing providers. I have logged these issues with plusnet, it is clearly their fault as they supplied me with a graph showing me the drop outs and times. At certain times I can log on so its clearly not a fault my end. Telephone support is hopeless, I tried for ages to get through. Now they just send me a list of things to check, there is nothing at all wrong with my wiring, modem, splitter or anything at all my end. I changed packages to a contract recently and since then the internet connect has been dreadful. I need a reliable internet service, trading standards need to be informed as I pay my monthly amount but don't get the goods I pay for!  Angry Its only luck at this very moment I do have internet in order to type this.....
petejackson
Grafter

Re: PLusnet is terrible!!!

Hi JDJ, I've just taken a look at your connection and it certainly looks like you've had a fault there for some time.  The connection drops certainly pre-date the change of your account type - although this wouldn't in any way affect your connection. Traffic managment is not used to slow down your connection, rather it gives preference to types of traffic that need the speed (like video or gaming) over and above things that aren't that reliant on it (like certain types of file downloads for example). Please do follow the guidance provided by our support team to help diagnose and resolve your fault.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: A Few Internet Requests.

Mod Note.
Topics merged.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MickHowes1
Grafter

and what tbh if topics are merged.. the bloody problem is simple enough to fix.... TAKE MAX PREMIUM OFF..  ALL U HAVE TO DO IS TAKE MAX PREMIUM OFF KEEP MY INTERLEAVING OFF AND CAP MY UPLOAD. WHATS SO HARD? ANOTHER DISCONNECTION......http://gyazo.com/3e5a4148cf896006c972443715769aed thats the router log of what comes up when the disconnection occcurs.. sort it out. u have tilol wednesday or im going to the neccessary field to get this issue resolved.. absolute joke. paying 80£ for adsl internet THAT DOESNT EVEN WORK. MOST PEOPLE DONT EVEN PAY THAT FOR FIBRE. SORT IT OUT
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm just a customer so I can't remove your Max Premium.
The Digital Care Team should be back on tomorrow.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Linn
MickHowes1,
We've removed Max Premium from your account to cap your upload, however, the order to cap your upload again isn't going through in our supplier's systems. I've raised this to them and am awaiting a response from a manager regarding this. Once we've got the green light we'll confirm when the order is in place.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

ALL U HAVE TO DO IS TAKE MAX PREMIUM OFF KEEP MY INTERLEAVING OFF AND CAP MY UPLOAD. WHATS SO HARD?

We've identified an issue on our suppliers systems which isn't allowing us to make the necessary changes to your line. We're working with our suppliers to get this sorted and changed over for you ASAP.
MickHowes1
Grafter

This is so annoying. i generally don't understand whenever somebody wants something done theres always a glitch in the system or the system is down etc... Its literally a profile change.. plain and simple// genuinly dont understand why it takes more than 24 hours fore somebody to send the order, or to sort the system.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: MickHowes1
Im giving u the authority to raise a fault on my behalf......
the problem is that every 30 mins to an hour the DSL linstate disconnects for like 5 seconds, now surely u have some sort of monitoring system that tells u what my line can handle or what is at fault, surely if im telling u the main problem for why its disconnecting this is just all hassle doinng trouble shooters and a waste of time when im telling u whats wrong.. the dsl is going down, look at ur line monitor check the pattern of disconnections, check whats going on at my profile at the specific times, then either fix it, or change settings to fix it. either way this is all baffle and it needs fixed..

You're having a laugh !  Crazy
Have you actually listened to any of the advice given in this thread ?
Other than Jelv's odd disconnection problem with Max Premium when the phone rings, I really can't see how having Max Premium can make your connection worse.  One of the functions of the exchange is to negotiate with your modem an upload sync speed which is stable for the conditions measured on the line, therefore having an uncapped upload should not be causing you random disconnection problems.
Quote from: MickHowes1
im on 52 ping, which puts my line with interleaving on when i asked for it to be removed, and i also STILL have not had my upload uncapped as it should be 0.70 and its 0.37..
Short and sweet, Turn the interleaving off on my line, and uncap my upload

You had interleaving switched off at the same time as Max Premium was applied.
The reason interleaving was on in the first place is because the exchange has seen errors on your connection.
Switching off interleaving can cause no end of problems if there are still errors on your connection, or if the line is marginal.
Running without interleaving IS MUCH MORE LIKELY to be causing you problems than Max Premium.
I know you want your latency to be less than it is, but the reason its is so high is that your exchange is congested, and as such you need to get Plusnet to chase BT to find out when that is going to be resolved.
Quote from: Chris
There's a congestion issue at your Local Exchange unfortunately. Our suppliers haven't set a date that this will be resolved, but this is done generally pretty quickly.
Interleaving should be off your line as of this morning.

Have you run through the Plusnet faults troubleshooter via http://faults.plus.net/ to have a faults engineer fix your line ?.
Have you run RouterStats to capture what is going wrong with your connection ?
Have you setup a ThinkBroadband Quality Monitor to see whether your connection has packet loss ?
Have you done a BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test, to see what the exchange thinks your connection should handle ?
What are the full status statistics from your router ?, there might be something obviously wrong.
Have you tried connecting your modem to the TEST SOCKET behind the MASTER SOCKET faceplate ?
Have you tried a different filter and cables ?
Have you tried a different router ?
Have you done a telephone 17070 quiet line test ?

You will be much better of keeping Max Premium to reduce the effect of exchange congestion, getting the fault on your line repaired, and having interleaving ON but at a lower depth to minimize latency.
MickHowes1
Grafter

Well considering one of the guys that lives 4 doors down from me is an openreach engineer and ASSURES me there is no congestion at the exchange as of this morning then your blubbering on about bullshit... and i had max premium a few months ago ON an interleavbed line and it still disconected.. the problem is that my line can only handle 0.37 upload and im getting 0.70 and its makingt me disconnect. iv already spoke to him about it and hes already assured me thats the answer.. so for any of your idiotic posts saying bla bla, you don't have a clue. so keep your trap shit. plusmet, take max premium off. KEEP interleaving off. want it done by thursday.. ther is NO reason not to.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

i generally don't understand whenever somebody wants something done theres always a glitch in the system or the system is down etc

I'm sorry, but this doesn't happen all the time, there are some circumstances where there are issues and we work with our suppliers to resolve them. I completely agree with purleigh on the latter points that he's made about checking your connection rather than moving from Max Premium.
I'm not sure if the OR Engineer you're referring to has access to the NCIF's and VP Data but I've attached evidence to show that your connection is congested, I can't really be any more transparent. We're continuing work with our suppliers to get you moved from Max Premium as per your request.
I can't make any guarantees that the product will be changed by Thursday, we'll keep you updated with progress though.
Dhaos
Grafter

Looks to me that the bitching about a extra 0.4 upload and 16 less ping wasn't worth it. Can you even notice the difference between 46 and 30 ping?
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been going on for seven months,  the OP having previously had ISPs Sky, Virgin, TalkTalk, and BT - at the same address !
No effort has been made in that time to report the results of any fault finding, just shouting everyone down and demanding FIX IT NOW !,
when the probability is that there is an internal wiring issue, electrical interference from within the house, or an external phone line intermittent joint.
I wonder what was wrong with all the previous ISPs ?.
It is not a reasonable expectation to achieve similar speeds and latency as the previous three LLU ISPs, when the OP is now on a 20CN connection.
The mere fact that currently with Max Premium, the OP reports an upload speedtest of 0.7Mbps shows clearly that the line does support it.
If it didn't the sync would be much lower, but without seeing any line stats who knows !
The problem here is much more likely to be a bad connection or interference, which will still be there when Max Premium has been removed.
I'm waiting for the OP to start going mental when interleaving automatically switches itself back on, to overcome the connection problem.
Roll_eyes
Do I care anymore ?  -  Err... NoCrazy

@'Chris Pettitt' - keep up the good work - you have the patience of a saint !  Wink
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: purleigh
@'Chris Pettitt' - keep up the good work - you have the patience of a saint !  Wink

On good days, he could give saints master classes in patience!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MickHowes1
Grafter

Just putting it out there.. http://www.pingtest.net/result/97174979.png is my latest pingtest.. Back to 45 ping.. which puts me back onto interleaved, but im still disconnecting.. infact im disconnecting more. So the whole interleaving off being the problem... isn't.