cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9mb/s down 0.69mb/s up FTTC???

Fleep
Dabbler

9mb/s down 0.69mb/s up FTTC???

Hi there. Since before december I've been having severe speed issues, and, while this is in hand, I'm really getting sick of having no up-speed.
Is there anything you can do about raising this a little? My speed-profile is likely set very low, or very high, either way, I'd really like a little more upstream. Is there any way you can try to tweak this in order to get me a slightly better upspeed?
I've been given a date for the dig-work, estimated at 2 more weeks. The site has already been dug twice, and botched by BT, the first time cutting off my net completely for a week or so, the second time ruining my bandwidth even more than it is usually. I can't wait to see what they do the third time.
Thanks for reading.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 9mb/s down 0.69mb/s up FTTC???

Hi there and sorry to hear about the issues with the line and with your upstream.
In order to deal with the latter we'd need to raise a broadband fault with BT Wholesale, unfortunately we can't do that whilst there's a phone fault being looked into with Openreach.
Of course one thing to consider could be cancelling the phone fault to deal with the upstream issue first, however I'm assuming you'd rather us get the line up and running again properly ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If the phone problem is a fault between you and the cabinet fixing that will probably sort out your speed issues as well.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
unfortunately we can't do that whilst there's a phone fault being looked into with Openreach.

Adam / OP,
Do you know who 'owns' the phone fault?  If it is PN, do you know what is happening?
If it is not PN, then Fleep, you need to get onto your phone provider.  In general there is not much point trying to resolve a BB issue if the phone line is known to be faulty.  Adam's suggestion could imply, that it is known that the phone fault is an in-exchange or e-side problem which could take a while to fix, therefore following his suggestion might bring about a prompt resolution of your BB issue.
You need more information here to make an informed decision.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.