cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7weeks, 5 BT engineers sent , now i have no internet connection at all

chenrong
Dabbler

7weeks, 5 BT engineers sent , now i have no internet connection at all

It dropped every half an hour weeks ago, four five times a day since last engineer came. I was told by the BT engineer that plusnet refuse to change the part at the exchange. Now the DSL connection is on but no internet session at all. I have to use my cell phone to complain here. Anyone can help? Very angry now
17 REPLIES 17
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: 7weeks, 5 BT engineers sent , now i have no internet connection at all

Hi there,

I've popped an email to a colleague in our tech support team to take a look at this one for you as I'm out of the office today, I am concerned over what the engineer has told you however, we have no equipment in the exchange and all of this is owned and controlled by BT Openreach(the engineers who you have seen), moving anything would be their call and theirs only, we can only ask they fix the line problems, if something needs moving they should do it as part of the repair.

If this isn't picked up by first thing Monday then I'll be in touch myself with more information

ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Bank Holiday Monday?

or Tuesday

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Monday, I'm in from 9am
chenrong
Dabbler

Thanks for this. I don't know why the engineer said so but what I understand from what they said is that because the DSL connection is on while I am having no internet access, it is not a hardware issue but a software one. They told me to tell plusnet that there is ADSL connection but no internet session. I don't know if that means anything to the tech team.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that information, if there is a DSL connection that would mean the line itself is working but there could be a configuration issue with some things on our side, this is most likely what was meant, would I be alright to give you a quick call around half 9 tomorrow morning once I've looked into this?

chenrong
Dabbler

9am is fine, just want the problem to be solved asap. Thanks a lot

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Morning, 

I've checked through things and things our side seem to be set alright, I do see the engineers notes from when he came round and he does state he was able to get a dsl connection as you are aware, the things I can check can't do much more for you at the moment but I've asked one of my faults colleagues to pick this up today and take a look what's going on, it could possibly be the router itself but they'll be able to check further into it.;

I can still give you a call if you wish, otherwise if you don't mind leaving it with me I'll get this picked up by the right people 

chenrong
Dabbler

Are you telling me that I have to wait a few days more to have another BT engineer visit and not sure if it is going to be fixed?

It has been almost two months, I don't think there are many people like me to wait for that long. It appears to me that I'm forced to think about leaving plusnet as well as telling all my friends and colleagues about this terrible experience. I will be asking for a deadlock letter from plusnet when this 8 weeks period ends so that I can push the complain on to the Ombudsman, which I really didn't expect few weeks ago.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not for another engineer no, someone in my office should be getting in touch once a few more things have been checked. 

Out of curiosity, have you tried another router at all? I'll make sure this is picked up asap however

chenrong
Dabbler

For this problem I bought Linksys XAC1900 last month so that I can rule out the possibility of router issue. All settings were set according to plusnet guidance for third party router setup and I never changed it since then. The original one that plusnet sent for free required reset every couple of months because of different problems.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that information, 

If you still have the one we sent could you try connecting that, just to see if anything changes

chenrong
Dabbler

Why can't you contact with whoever came to my house on that day so that you can ask them what they did to make it even worse than before. It is unbelievable that nobody can figure out what the problem is
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The engineer's who come out are assigned directly by Openreach and we have no contact with them unless they call us whilst on the job, we can only go by the notes they add to the fault unfortunately.#

I've spoken to a few colleagues and there's a strong chance it could be the router, if we can rule that out then we may have to cease/reprovide the service to essentially start things from scratch

chenrong
Dabbler

Any specific reason you suspect the router? Before the engineers came, it was ok, not perfect but still have internet connection. After they did something at the exchange, no internet session any more. They didn't do anything to the router and me neither. The old router that plusnet provided had different problems, sometimes I couldn't even login as admin because it was showing the login page over and over again. Sometimes it didn't recognise LAN connection and I had to reset it to make it work. Besides, the parent control never worked as it should be, I had to manually activate it everyday. So, no, I didn't keep it but threw it in the bin last month.