cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5th BTOR appointed, - Not coming. What am I suppose to do?

gnicholson8
Grafter

5th BTOR appointed, - Not coming. What am I suppose to do?

So, fifth appointment booked, (took four just to get a phone line) and apparently my order has been delayed, once again.
Reason given is unclear but not related to hardware problems at my end, (no one even came they just "delayed" it. I am not waiting ANOTHER week just to get the line installed.
I've E-mailed the heads of Openreach (AGAIN) the DSO, Managing Directors and Chief Executives.
I have Plusnet Complaints department looking in to it but it looks like next week.
What else can I do, do I have any other options. I just want my Fibre line installed. Apparently it's all hooked up at the Exchange, I just need a faceplate/socket installed and a OR Fibre Modem.
I am loosing my wits here and about to go Postal, if anyone has any further advice, It'd be much appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
AndyH
Grafter

Re: 5th BTOR appointed, - Not coming. What am I suppose to do?

There is unfortunately nothing you can do. Openreach won't deal with end users (or rarely) and even PN have to go through their suppliers (BT Wholesale) rather than Openreach.
All you can do is get PN to escalate it and request an expedited appointment.
gnicholson8
Grafter

I've just gotten a E-mail back from someone in charge at BT Openreach,
Sorry to see this Graeme

Team – please liaise with PlusNet’s CEO office and do what we can to recover this situation quickly.

So fingers crossed but I noticed the E-mail I got sent was forwarded to  jbailey, Does anyone know who he is at PN as so far it's just been the Complaints Team I've been dealing with.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's James, the complaints manager here. He's often around the forums too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Hi Graeme,
Dan copied me into the email.  Aled is chasing this for you now and we raised this into a broadband/fibre escalation team a couple of hours ago.
I'm really sorry that there have been further problems.  We're trying as hard as we can to get this up and running for you.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Hi James,
Thanks and I appreciate this. I also understand, as I've said so many times, that the fault does not lie with Plusnet themselves but with BTOR, which of course you have no direct control over and you rely on them to do their job like I rely on you guys..
Thanks for the effort and hard work.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Hi,
Is there any idea as to when I can expect some sort of update re this? My tickets haven't been updated with any sort of details and I don't want to keep phoning, bugging for updates.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
We're waiting to hear back from HLE. Hopefully this will be before 1730.