cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

51db adsl /adsl2 compare

scootie
Grafter

51db adsl /adsl2 compare

i cant work out why adsl2 is running at 15db when adsl use to run at 12db both these sets of graphs are running at same sync speed of 3500kbps. adsl2 snr drops 2-3db over night where adsl dropped 1db.
same range of tones are being used .
adsl2/adsl2+ better technology my rear. a back wards step if anything on my line
edit: in fact looking at dmt more frequency's under 170 are used for downstream on adsl2 but surely that would mean a increase in sync and better snr due to where the increase in tones used is.
cant be sure of the time the adsl dmt tones was captured but looking at the snr i would say overnight
@oldjim. feel free to spilt this post of into adsl2 trial as now i have finished sorting through all the graphs i can see this taking the thread off topic and would be of more use in the trial section
edit 2: as you can see i started this post of in another thread and started off as one sentence moan but after adding all the graphs i asked old jim to move it to its own thread in the trail section.
i am still in the 10 day training period so i will add some compares once the lines out of this period.
all in all i got what i said i wanted from adsl2 before going on the trial and that was same download sync that was stable on fast path and same or more upload sync than i was getting on max premium 832 kbps
so iam happy with results but a abit puzzled as to why adsl ran at 12db target and adsl2 is running at 15db.
71 REPLIES 71
scootie
Grafter

Re: 51db adsl /adsl2 compare

past 24 hours and my adsl2 sync is going down faster than the titanic. seems my line has gone the same way as so many others after a week going live Angry Sad Angry Sad
yes yes i can here anthrone saying why did you resync when you snr was down at 14db midday. well it was midday and i was giving it resync like i have bein every 3-4 days since going on the trial and hoping the bad snr of the past 24 hours would sort it's self with a resync.
even my atten is now swapping between 50 and 50.5
I AM A HAPPY ADSL MAX PREMINUM USER GET ME OUT OF HERE
if this is BT's big broadband speed up then iam god
EDIT: just done resync on adsl g.dmt to see what upsync i would get and seems the upstream snr is fixed it gives me a sync of 800kbps at 7db which is strange as max preminum used to give me 832kbps at fixed snr of 7db.
down stream atten is 50db on adsl g.dmt
scootie
Grafter

hum i did resync on adsl2 with out phoned turned on and not plugged in and then turned it on plugged it in after resync and its droping snr slightly. i never saw this happen on adsl.
wonder if anthrone can tell me if this is normal the slight drop in snr with phone after a doing a resync?
well that's enough tinkering for today luckly my profile did'nt drop to dial up speed after so many resync's
scootie
Grafter

well found the stable snr vs sync rate and thats no more than 3300kbps. over that rate and my snr drops to much overnight which makes error rate to much for fastpath.
what makes me laugh my head off Grin Grin is on checking bt's line checker my stats for my line have gone from being a expected speed 2.5mb on adsl to 3.5mb now on adsl and adls2 went from 2.5mb to 4.5mb Grin Grin
i thought bt did under est's to make sure people was happy when they gained higher speeds than what bt estimated there line at
at this moment in time i would perfer to have the old adsl and pay for max preminum than be forced by bt in the future to use these stupid MSAN's
so summary of what i got not got out of adsl2 is
an extra 3db on target noise margin
drop in stable sync v snr which mean;s i've lost 500kbps on my profile Angry
the only plus(cough not much of one) is when i sync at stable down sync i get a upstream off 856kbps where max prem was 832kbps.
hold on guys i need to get the casio calc out to work the big plus of adsl2 out
24kbps gain on upspeed Smiley oh wait lets take away 500kbps from loss of downspeed from that = a grand loss of throughput speed of -476kbps
thank you BT for your new improved technoligy NOT.
i surrgest bt rethink the SRA sittuation. if the option is there on the msan's to turn SRA on then think they should at least allow people on long lines to have the option to turn SRA on
edit:
forgot to say when i sync at this stable rate my line atten goes down to 49db form 50db. also if i try and force a really high sync the atten goes to 50.5-51db
going to try adsl g.dmt mode for week now that the 10days has well past but that only gives me a upspeed of 800kbps but if i can make downsync stable over 3442kbps again and get my 3000kbps profile back i might just take the hit on upspeed
below stable adsl2 raise of snr from 14db to 15db in the morning
the last 2 graph is is adsl2 sync'ed just high enough to have a 3000kbps profile and thats only 200kbps increase in sync rate from that of the stable sync but the effect on snr is big
scootie
Grafter

after 4 diffrent routers and billion resync's this week due to trying to solve major latency issue. My DLM has giving me a early crimbo present after only a day or two of just the 1 resync a day.
its nice  improvment as well but i think it will drop back abit. its hard to tell from the graph if its now a target of 9db or 12db but as my highest sync ever on the dslam g.dmt at 12db was 4200 iam going to say i now have 9db target
the slight drop in snr at the end is when james called me and its not gone back up yet
EDIT added more stats for  nosey parker spraxyt Wink
error rates are sky high now so a drop is a dead  cert on my books
EDIT 2
diffrent dg834g v4 from previous stats and at the mo i havent got round to flashing the firmware yet so this new dg is running V5.01.01 where the old one was runing v5.01.14
godsell4
Rising Star

I am looking at this thread too, so I am being nosey!
My line is 55db on ADSL1, but wont be getting ADSL2+ till 2011, so folks like you are going through all the problems I may have to, so if you can fix them all before 2011 I would be very happy. Wink
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
scootie
Grafter

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 4544 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  859 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 4000 kbps Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2181 kbps
in under 2 days the profile has upped. breaking records left,right and centre this week
i still think its going to drop soon, but would be nice for pn profile to up to 4000 so i can break the final recorded for my line Smiley
apart from the 21cn latency issue thats happening at the mo my gaming has not been affected by all the errors

scootie
Grafter

some tweaking maybe needed to get the best out of this proflie but vista's suppose to take care of that for me
scootie
Grafter

still holding on to the record sync but its soon going to be the  3rd day and fingers crossed the DLM dose'nt get idea's above its station and try for 6db.
i am cheating abit as if i leave my xbox plugged in to the router and leave the xbox with power but not on it raises my snr by 1db which is helping to keep my snr up tonight Smiley ( bet a ps3 could'nt do that  Grin )
scootie
Grafter

just under a weeks uptime and its still going strong.
error rates are sky high now so a drop is a dead  cert on my books

For a video of me eating my own words check youtube out
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Give it another week and the DLM might even try 6dB downstream target SNR margin and get your sync over 5000kbps. Probably not for long though.
David
scootie
Grafter

nah thats  what i dont want to happen 9db is just fine for my line on fastpath.
i cancelled giving the stabilty option trial as the latency is enough of problem right now i dont want to lose the 4000kbps profile as when i cant game due to the current latency the 4mb comes in useful.
if you cant beat them join them Wink
scootie
Grafter

things are not looking happy this morning
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Who unplugged your XBox? Huh
David
scootie
Grafter

no one did its still setup the same. its gone up to 8db now and i pulled the xbox cable out the router just to make sure the trick hadnt started going the wrong way for me and it droped 1db as normal.
fingers crossed. with getting up to 8db before night it just might make it through the night Undecided