Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

502 Your account or IP is locked out.

HiroUK
Grafter

502 Your account or IP is locked out.

Hi.
I started to get this message a few hours ago when trying to access newsgroups (Usenet). I thought it was with just one of the providers I subscribe to, so I have contacted them about it, but I've just discovered I'm getting this same message from other providers I subscribe to. Would this be Plusnet related, and what could I have done for this to happen? I shall wait a bit longer to see if it clears, if not then I will also contact Plusnet support, but I thought I'd ask here as well.
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: 502 Your account or IP is locked out.

Doubt it's due to anything we've done. I've been able to access anth our news feed and Astraweb's this evening. What providers have you been having problems with?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

HiroUK
Grafter

It's happening worst with Easynews. I cannot access Easynews via NNTP or their web interface (my user name and password are rejected when trying to log in via web). I'm also getting it with Astraweb, but only when using their SSL server addresses. When I switch to a non-SSL address it's OK. I can't access Easynews on any of their server addresses, secure or not, or using any of the other ports they provide other than 119.
ADDENDUM: I thought it was happening with two other providers as I was also getting authentication errors with them, but upon checking earlier it was because I'd used up the block gigs I'd purchased. I can't check them without purchasing more gigs.
HiroUK
Grafter

Astraweb is now working again via their SSL servers.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Are you on a static or dynamic IP address?  Just wondering if it's dynamic and whoever had it before you has been a little naughty.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HiroUK
Grafter

I'm on the Value package, so it's a dynamic IP. Naughty in what way? Just wondering, in case it's something I may have done.
I've just tried Easynews again and I'm now getting an authentication error on all their non-SSL addresses, but I do now have access when using the secure addresses. Curiously, only when using XNews though. If I use the same secure addresses in Newsbin I still get the same message about my IP being locked out.. Still no go on the website though, with my username and password being rejected. Waiting the hear from them if they have any ideas.