cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 days and no progess with my order?

cyberbid

5 days and no progess with my order?

Hi, I signed up last wednesday, I was sent a email the same day saying the broadband would be active in 5-7 working days, its been 5 working days since that day and my account still says 'gathering information', surely it would have progressed to the later stages by now with only 2 days left? Also the only information ive been given since has been through me making calls and only being told what i already know. Maybe im jumping to conclusions but im not convinced il be up and running by day 7 (friday). Anybody shed any light on this? Thanks
18 REPLIES 18
anniesboy
Rising Star

Re: 5 days and no progess with my order?

I signed up on the same day as your good self.
My welcome pack said about a week ,but if paying by Direct Debit ( I am) it will take  longer whilst bank details are sorted.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You can avoid that delay by making the first payment by credit card.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MK2
Dabbler

I have a similar problem as well. My broadband migration should have gone live yesterday 12th January after 12pm.
No emails from Plusnet  as to why my migration as not gone ahead as scheduled,  only the order tracker status has changed to 'we're waiting for confirmation that your broadband order, due, has completed', but no details as to when.
It would have been nice if Plusnet had emailed to why and when ...
ETA: First payment made by credit card  Undecided
cyberbid

Quote from: anniesboy
I signed up on the same day as your good self.
My welcome pack said about a week ,but if paying by Direct Debit ( I am) it will take  longer whilst bank details are sorted.
Keep in touch about how your order goes please and il do the same
cyberbid

Quote from: MK2
I have a similar problem as well. My broadband migration should have gone live yesterday 12th January after 12pm.
No emails from Plusnet  as to why my migration as not gone ahead as scheduled,  only the order tracker status has changed to 'we're waiting for confirmation that your broadband order, due, has completed', but no details as to when.
It would have been nice if Plusnet had emailed to why and when ...
ETA: First payment made by credit card  Undecided
Mmm seems to make no difference in some cases whether you pay up front or not
MK2
Dabbler

Seems my migration has not gone ahead to Plusnet because there is no capacity available at the BT exchange till end of January at the earliest.
Just had to cancel my migration  Angry
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I'd guess from that you are currently on an LLU ISP.
Check out the information on your exchange here: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search (look under LLU operator presence)
There may be other LLU operators on your exchange to take a look at (avoid TalkTalk!).
MK2
Dabbler

Thanks jelv. No, I'm currently on ADSL Max 8MB  from my present ISP Newnet on the same exchange.
Plusnet Exchange Status Checker shows no capacity problems. Strange  Huh
jelv
Seasoned Hero

That doesn't make sense - how can there not be capacity for a migration?
The exchange checker won't tell you if there is a lack of physical ports.
MK2
Dabbler

I was migrated to BTs 21CN last November, but still on ADSL Max 8MB with Newnet ... could that be an issue with migration?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

MK2,
I have to back up what jelv is saying, capacity should not be an issue as your connection is already assigned to its own port at the exchange, hence there should be no need to wait for another port to be freed.
I'll liaise with our suppliers and do what I can to get things moving forwards.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As per when I phoned, they delay is due to you migrating from 20CN with your current provider to 21CN with us which does necessitate a new port so it is a legit reason I'm afraid.
However thinking outside the box if you can get a new MAC key from your current ISP I can migrate you within 2 or 3 days on to 20CN with us, we can then worry about upgrading to 21CN afterwards.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MK2
Dabbler

Thanks for the help and advice Adam.
I have just contacted Newnet with regards to the obtaining a new MAC key and they cannot generate a new one till the 2nd February when the present one I used runs out.
Can I return the Plusnet router in person  as this would be save quicker and save postage as well?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not a problem.
I have just contacted Newnet with regards to the obtaining a new MAC key and they cannot generate a new one till the 2nd February when the present one I used runs out.

I'm sorry to hear that, its a real shame Sad If you change your mind in the future and decide to try us out by all means give me a shout Smiley
Can I return the Plusnet router in person  as this would be save quicker and save postage as well?

Probably not the best option as we don't handle stock in Sheffield, we have a warehouse further up north for that. I'll send you a postage paid returns bag if that's OK?
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team