cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Days to obtain Mac from Plusnet??

maureenandmalc
Dabbler

5 Days to obtain Mac from Plusnet??

Has anybody else had to wait out the full 5 days in order to get their MAC from Plusnet?. I appreciate that this is the maximum period allowed by Ofcom, but all of my previous providers have all managed to pass this information on to us, within 24 - 48 hours, so it seems strange that Plusnet seem to be dragging their heels for the full period.
We spoke to Thomas via Telephone on Friday, who told us that the MAC code would be given in our members control panel on Saturday, however just minutes after the conversation ended a support ticket was added acknowledging the MAC request, but also stating that the ticket would not be updated again by Plusnet Staff until 19th June. Needless to say, the verbal promise over the phone of it being given on Saturday never happened, but at the same time there was no mention of it taking as long as 5 working days either.
2 REPLIES 2
shure
Grafter

Re: 5 Days to obtain Mac from Plusnet??

I had that with both Onetel (part of TalkTalk) and Tesco when I left them.  It's not just Plusnet
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 5 Days to obtain Mac from Plusnet??

Hi maureenandmalc,
We normally provide a MAC code within 24-48 hours of raising the request however we most definitely ensure that we set expectations from the initial call so that the customer is prepared for what could be a maximum wait of 5 working days. As this process relies on an automated system, the support ticket is placed on hold for the full 5 days and will then be taken off hold once the MAC code is made available to us (be it 25 hours or 5 working days).
Apologies if this was not explained fully by the agent you spoke with in our Customer Options team, I'll be sure to check this with him and provide feedback on it.

Thanks,
Adam C