cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4kbps download/updates at 8pm?

suec45
Grafter

4kbps download/updates at 8pm?

Just tried to update AVG and download a Nvidia driver for a customer.
4k for the AVG uypdate, 4k for the nvidia driver download, on all 4 servers I tried. (One and half  hours to download 17mb!)
Plusnet premier legacy £21.99 package.  I am willing to put up with something pretty bad at peak times, really I am.  I am not an unreasonable customer.  But 4kbps is absolutely awful, worse than dial up. (I got 4.5k on dial up!)
Getting seriously close to looking for another provider guys, sort it out!
4 REPLIES 4
sibro

Re: 4kbps download/updates at 8pm?

My AVG download was slow too and I was having problems getting onto American websites up until about a minute ago.
Seems to be OK now.
I guess somebody plugged the Internet back in!
dabow
Rising Star

The peak-time deterioration in speeds has been about since around the beginning of October with me( location-Wrexham), I'm lucky if I get in the 250/600 kb/s range in the evenings. I used to enjoy 2-3 Mb/s even in the evenings and nearly 6Mb/s at best(off peak), and stable at that. Serious instability in speed is regularly happening, its very disheartening. I hope someone is truly investigating the problem.
thejudge
Rising Star

dabow, which exchange are you on? I'm on Wrexham North and am having similar problems to you, and have been for weeks.
What with the overall poor performance in the evenings and the absurd level of throttling of Akamai rendering the BBC and Guardian sites (amongst others) almost unusable after 4pm, I'm not a happy bunny just now. Something needs to be done and damn quick.
dabow
Rising Star

Nigel.
I am on the main central exchange ( code WNWX) and only about 1 Km from it. In the past I have regularly had nearly 6Mb/s, but at present its very unstable and usually very  low speed. Many others seem to be having a problem also, so I dont know where the problem lies.
I'm soon into a house move,not very far, and will be under the same exchange so lets hope it improves.
David.