Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

44Kbps from 20MB service

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 44Kbps from 20MB service

low numbers like that are not a worry, it would only be if it were to go into triple figures it would probably need looking at.
Jojo Smiley
pinniger1
Grafter

The router stats are telling me we've had over 200 CRC and HEC errors in the last 24-hour period. No dropouts though.
Our download speed has dropped to 60Kbps (BT Speedtest).
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Pinniger1, it's good that you added those results to the ticket, the more information the better. While your connection is up I think we should just wait to see what BT make of it.
Jojo Smiley
pinniger1
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
low numbers like that are not a worry, it would only be if it were to go into triple figures it would probably need looking at.

We have been uncapped for a few days now and are getting good speeds. *Thank you!* Unfortunately, we are also getting 10 CRC and HEC errors an hour on average. I'm posting the BT Speedtest and RouterStats data so that you can see the state of play. The Words of Wisdom of those who understand these things would be appreciated. Does anything else need to be done to optimize performance, or can I now get on with my life?
I've posted the info on the ticket but have found this forum to be more useful, as I don't usually have to wait 72 hours for a response :-(.
Final stupid question (I hope): can I now switch my modem off at night?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI pinniger1,
Glad to hear things are better. There should be no issue with turning the router off at night. Having said that, though, considering the issues you have had, I would be more personally inclined to leave it running. There are no reasons why this can't be left on from a safety aspect, just as we leave our fridge/alarm clock/other electrical equipment switched on.
Jojo Smiley