cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

44Kbps from 20MB service

pinniger1
Grafter

Re: 44Kbps from 20MB service

By the way, there is no difference in the the line atennuation and sn margin figures before and after the engineer's visit. Perhaps that's significant, perhaps not.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pinniger1
Just a few things
1. You would not lose your service at all...not even for a few days!
2. The 72 hour period is inflexible
3. Of course the engineer can check the line
4. Sorry you were misinformed, I shall be feeding back the advisers details for this.
5. Hope all is well after the 72 hours Smiley
pinniger1
Grafter

Hi Joanne,
I wish all the Plusnet advisors would sing from the same hymn sheet. When you get so much contradictory advice, you start suspecting everything they say.
Having said that, most of the support guys we've talked to have been very pleasant and helpful, and it can't be an easy job.
Thanks for confirming the 72-hour thing.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No probs, the more we feedback the more we will be able to make sure the frequency of such instances become a lot less common. Thanks for your patience.... and we're always here for you Wink
pinniger1
Grafter

We had another dropout early in the morning. The DSL connection rate shown by the router stats (and by the BT speed test) has now doubled to 572Kbps and has stayed there all day. However, the download speed we can get via the BT speed test is still 41Kbps. If Plusnet can do anything to help us take advantage of this marginal increase in speed, I'd appreciate it. If it is relevant, the IP Profile for our line is 135Kbps.
pinniger1
Grafter

Our speed via the BT Speedtest went up to 200Kbps over the weekend. Today, the modem has been on for over 72 hours without a dropout and we're looking forward to being uncapped.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pinniger1,
Things are looking a bit better as your ip profile has now moved up to 350k, this will continue to increase the longer your connection is stable.
Jojo Smiley
pinniger1
Grafter

Someone from the Faults Team was supposed to call us at 3pm. Nobody called. The Plusnet person we talked to on Friday said that if nobody called, we should call Support to remind the Faults Team to call us. We have now figured out that the Faults Team are the only people with the power to actually do anything, and that communication with them is a one-way street, inasmuch as it is impossible to call them directly - they call you when it is convenient for them. So, we called Plusnet support, only to be told that our account was showing errors and disconnects.
Oh dearie me, I thought to myself (or words to that effect). The Plusnet adviser said he would post his record of the disconnects on our ticket, and we said we would do the same so that the Faults Team could see for themselves. We have now posted our info on the ticket but the Plusnet adviser hasn't. He's had over an hour to do it now - so I guess he just couldn't be bothered.
We are now sitting here wondering what's going on.
Here is the data showing that we have been up for over 72 hours without a dropout or error.  Do any of the Plusnet people on this forum have any leverage to get something done here?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pinniger1,
Sorry for the delay, I have been carrying out some tests and I have now raised this to BT. We'll get back to you as soon as we get any more information.
Jojo Smiley
pinniger1
Grafter

Thanks, Joanne. Could your tests have caused the dropout we've just had?
I assume that 'raised to BT' means that there is a problem at the exchange that BT needs to fix. Can you give me some idea of timescale here?
matt_2k34
Grafter

I assume that 'raised to BT' means that there is a problem at the exchange that BT needs to fix

It means BT have been made aware you are having an issue, they will (or should) check the exchange, phoneline, and if there is no issue here, the connection from the actual line to the socket in your house (e.g. is there a wiring fault in your house, which is their problem)
Also, testing could cause dropouts, especially if they do something like a linecard reset (think rebooting  Wink )
pinniger1
Grafter

Thanks for the info, Matt.
pinniger1
Grafter

The good news is that we were uncapped last night - thank you very much. The not-so-good news is that our download speed is still being restricted to 199Kbps. Here are the results of the BT Speedtest.
Download speed achieved during the test was - 199 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-21000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :15428 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 440 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 13000 Kbps
Could someone pull a lever somewhere?  Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pinniger1,
having raised it to BT yesterday, they sent it back to us cleared so I have re-escalated it to them as not resolved.
pinniger1
Grafter

Thanks, Joanne. Just for your information, and it may not be relevant, we are now seeing errors in the modem data. We have had 7 CRC errors (down) and 7 HEC errors (down) in the past hour.