cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40/20 to 80/20 Upgrade

geoffa
Grafter

40/20 to 80/20 Upgrade

I have agreed a deal and placed an order to upgrade from 40/20 fibre to 80/20 fibre. As far as I am aware this just needs a profile change to bring this into effect (current BRAS profile is 64.64). I am a bit puzzled as to why this cannot be done until my billing date in 3 weeks time, when the upgrade from ADSL to Fibre can be done at any time during the billing cycle.
Could someone from the CRT answer this please and if possible bring this upgrade forward.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
AndyH
Grafter

Re: 40/20 to 80/20 Upgrade

I'm not quite sure why you have to wait 3 weeks - this doesn't make sense to me.
geoffa
Grafter

Yes,  it does seem strange, although the "rules" for product changes does state that any product change will take place on one's billing date so the maximum waiting time will be 1 month. As I say though, this clearly doesn't apply to a change from ADSL to fibre, and I'm aware of 2 recent instances of 80/20 upgrades being sorted more or less "on demand". Hopefully someone from the CRT will clarify!
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi bellerby,
As you've rightly flagged, the way in which the billing and account change system works is that it will allow a singe change to be carried out each month and this will be available only on the next available billing date. This is mainly due to the way in which our billing engine works as well as phone and broadband subscriptions costs being billed in advance for the month ahead.
We are in the process of upgrading the billing engine which we should see in the new year and this will allow us the ability to make these changes whenever needed with a pro-rate refund/payment being actioned automatically.