cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 years of struggle and dissapointment

Feroniar

4 years of struggle and dissapointment

For 4 years I've been with Plusnet. Each time the phone rang our broadband connection would die and the phone line crackled or cut out. Then nights with no connection and we just thought they must be doing some work...

After the 1st visit from an engineer nothing was fixed, struggled on. It was blamed on our phone (which was brand new).
Moved house and took PlusNet with us, same issue. First year called about the same issues, blamed our phone (we have different phones that are pre-used from family that worked perfectly well).
During studying my internet would drop over and over, if the phone rang we would have no internet and the phone line would just cut out again.

Had another engineer, the second one actually did some work (we made a complaint about the first on this occassion) but it didn't fix anything. PlusNet claimed they could see our internet connection was fine, except when I read back to him the times we recorded it kept disconnecting, then he admitted it had indeed stopped.

Now I'm paying a lot of money and have had to call another engineer out who after my threats to leave has finally (possibly) fixed the issue proving it was not our phones fault. Despite the many hours I've wasted trying to get through to PlusNet; hour long waiting times and sometimes so long my phone battery would die, to keep sorting all this out the refund hardly covers any of the stress this has caused, baring in mind they only refund what you manage to complain about, not the many evenings I've been too tired to call or simply couldn't get through. A few nights ago I had to unplug all my phones so I could do an online test in case I go disconnected part way through.

I can't describe how disappointed I am and the £2 "discount" they want to offer me to put up with them for a further 18 months is an insult.

If you're reading through, looking for reviews before joining PlusNet, I would advise that if you have the option, avoid them.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 4 years of struggle and dissapointment

Hello there, 

I'm glad to see (hopefully) that this has been fixed now but I'm so sorry it's taken so long. 

I can see the refund we've offered is proportionate to the time without service (in direct relation to the duration of the issue against how much you've paid us) however I'm going to advise replying to our response to your complaint ticket (157237674 so that you can start a dialog with the person that's been handling your issue with regards to arranging a good will gesture. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Feroniar

The refund is probably proportionate to the times i managed to get through a report problems, so not 5% of the downtime we suffered. My partner will be im contact as im not wasting more of my time talking with you.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I do apologise for the frustration, however I'm afraid that unless we're notified of a fault (which can be done over the phone, live chat or fault report at https://faults.plus.net) we wouldn't generally refund for downtime outside of this.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.