cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Weeks of connection problems - still not resolved - HELP

iamrobert
Dabbler

4 Weeks of connection problems - still not resolved - HELP

My broadband connection first went down on the 4 May after numerous investigations visits from engineers etc, the connection still keeps dropping. It has now been off again since Monday morning and despite a message saying it was back on, it is not.  I am at a loss to know what to do next.
Robert
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 4 Weeks of connection problems - still not resolved - HELP

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your service here. Especially as it seemed to be fixed on the 17th only to return again a few days ago.
I'm now taking ownership of the fault and will push things towards a long term fix ASAP as I can see a few things that have been tried haven't kept the line stable for very long.
I've also just taken a very close look at how we've handled the case and can see a few things so far that we could have done better, all this will go towards a structured set of recommendations I'll be making for improvements for the future...
Thanks for your patience so far, I'll be in touch soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
iamrobert
Dabbler

Thanks for your help.
Robert
iamrobert
Dabbler

Hi Adam, is there any progress on this. My connection has now been down for four days, I am worried that if it is not fixed today, it will not get fixed until after the bank holidays, by which time it will have been off for 9 days!
regards robert
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,
I'll be looking at this again shortly.
I am worried that if it is not fixed today, it will not get fixed until after the bank holidays

I perfectly understand your difficulties, being realistic though that is a bit of a tall order. That doesn't mean to say we won't continue to do our best for you though.
I'll aim to update you again in detail before the end of the day.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
iamrobert
Dabbler

To be honest, I am astounded at the totally unacceptable lack of customer service here. I have had serious ongoing connection problems since 4 MAY - yes that is over 1 month. I have had NO connection  at all since last Monday
Now ( Friday afternoon)  I am being told via the internet ( which I do not have) that you need to send an engineer, fare enough  but that appointment presumably cant be made until next Wednesday at the earliest, by which time I will have had no connection  for 10  DAYS.. You have both my landline and mobile number - why could  someone not phone me or text me, to arrange an appointment.
Please advise me how to make a complaint about service.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The complaints procedure, including response times, is documented in the Complaints Code of Practice which is published here.
David
inhost
Grafter

Sorry to say but this is not unusual
I have had the same problem since day 1.
The big problem being is that plusnet use a load of BS to fudge facts and figures.
For example _Adam_Walker_ said it was fixed on the 17th ... oh really? what was the root cause of the issue adam?
Plusnet class a problem as fixed if you line comes back up and absolutely point blank refuse to get to the root cause of the issue.
feel free to prove me wrong, I have a long history of exactly the same types of issue
iamrobert
Dabbler

Well, I have now had no connection at all for the past 10 days and no response from plusnet for the past 5 days!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

So what happened?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The engineer went out and the customer is back online
Anotherone
Champion