cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3mb?!!!

SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

3mb?!!!

What on earth??? Just did a speed test and am all of a sudden getting 3.7mb!! What gives?? Im supposed to be on a 76mb connection!
I already reported a fault in regards to getting only 57mb but this is a joke.

PlusNet please fix this!
8 REPLIES 8
kingkobra
Grafter

Re: 3mb?!!!

Funny you should say that. Just did a test myself as it was taking ages to download a 440mb file via Sky On Demand (IPlayer). I gave up after about 30 mins.
Mine came back at 7Mb and 15 Mb on two different tests. Its been about 30-31 Mb since it was installed. Must be something going on somewhere.
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Aye, that's why I did a test as well, it took me 20mins to download a 150mb >.< I never got this kind of issue with BT so no idea why PlusNet despite using BT's network and being owned by BT has all these problems *sigh*.
kingkobra
Grafter

FYI - i just reconnected to a different gateway and now speeds are back to normal. Was on pcl-ag03, now pcl-ag02, and there was me thinking ag02 was one of the dodgy ones...
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Erm not quite sure what you mean by PCL O.o how to do you change to another one?
kingkobra
Grafter

Go to http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/ and it will tell you which gateway you are connected to. You have to disconnect your router and reconnect until you get to a different one.
Still having a few issues even connected to different one, so i think it might be time for me to call it a night and see how things are in the morning.
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Ah ok says im on 04, however noticed other people saying their speeds are dropping a lot in the late evening, im not happy if PlusNet are throttling our internet speeds, if this happens again im going to get on the phone to the Telecommunications Ombundsman as sick of companies taking consumers for a ride.
waynem41
Grafter

I was getting 4 mb obn a 78mb profile earlier , I noticed pages were loading slowly so I ran a speed test.
I disconnected then rebooted the modem and router and it seems to be fine now.
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Just done a test and its back up to 57mb again, but still waiting for PlusNet to try and fix it as they told me that I WILL get 70.5mb on my line, thing is I have a BT line that's rather new was installed about a year and a half ago so not that old at all.