cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dB Profile change

mikemod
Dabbler

3dB Profile change

Would it be possible to put my line back on a 3dB profile.

It was stable at that but then when other work was being carried out in the area it seemed to go back to 6dB

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: 3dB Profile change

If it's stable and you're patient it should happen automatically

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mikemod
Dabbler

It's been stable for weeks without resetting but still stuck on 3,

I'm about to pull the plug anyway as I've given up on ADSL and no chance of getting fibre, not worth the £20/mnth. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

If there has been no interruption to the ADSL session then you will not see any change to the reported SNRM.

The possibility of running at a different target SNRM is only going to be attempted when a re-sync is attempted - IF (and only if) the DLM has indeed determined that the line is suitable AND there is no restrictive setting preventing it from doing so.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mikemod
Dabbler

Still the same after a reset.

I can set the target to 3dB at my end and it works with no issues giving about a 20% increase in speed.

I just thought it would be better if the exchange set it when I set mine back to auto which it has been for months.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Townman

I bow to your superiot knowledge. Obviously ADSL works differently to VDSL DLM.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The CP can set a target noise margin on ADSLx lines, I did it regularly with O2 and subsequently Sky.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Baldrick1,

No need to "bow" - I'm fairly certain that the DLM does much like you suggest in considering the merits of a lower target SNRM, but I'm not convinced it will drop a stable session to move the SNRM. Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

i thought u have the tools to lower the snr your end plusnet im sure thats what the op is asking he can do it threw his modem/router but he would like u to change it at your endand im sure the tools are in place for adsl well they used to be