cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months with poor Broadband speed

corsa57

3 months with poor Broadband speed

On the 11th of April I noticed my Broadband speed was low in the evening and again at the weekend. Since that time I have been told such a variety of reasons for this that they are too long to list here. The upshot is 3 months on the situation is unresolved and in fact has deteriorated to slow Broadband all the time now.
Are other Plusnet adsl broadband users finding the service as abysmal as I am. Even webpages are slow to load now and as for BBC iplayer even in worst quality mode it is a joke.
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: 3 months with poor Broadband speed

Unfortunately it looks like there's widespread capacity issues in your area.
I can see our Faults team are still investigating and we'll update you as soon as we know more.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
corsa57

Thank you Matthew for your reply.
The faults team seem to take longer and longer to reply with very little evidence that anything is being achieved. I feel that 3 months is long enough to reach a conclusion.
catelliott
Grafter

Hi corsa57,
I've been looking into this for you. Unfortunately, as Matt says, the issue that you're facing is part of a widespread problem as your exchange is quite heavily congested. Our suppliers are working on increasing capacity, but as I'm sure you can appreciate, this takes time. I do appreciate that this is frustrating, but our Faults team will update you as often as they can.
cedlor
Grafter

Hi - Corsa welcome to the forum - what exchange are you on?