cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 days without Internet. Can I ask for compensation?

irsina
Dabbler

3 days without Internet. Can I ask for compensation?

Today is my third full day without Internet Connection (4 if I count that my connection started dropping badly on Thursday). I have opened a support issue, but so far no communication from Plus.net. When I call the support number, after a wait up to 15 minutes, I get somebody just telling me that they are looking into it, and that this can take between 24h to 72h  Cry
Considering that I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting at the moment, is there any compensation I could claim? Thanks a lot.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: 3 days without Internet. Can I ask for compensation?

Once you service is working again you can usually get a proportional rebate for the time it wasn't which for 4 days is only about 10% of your monthly broadband cost - big deal  Roll_eyes
irsina
Dabbler

Thanks a lot Oldjim for the quick response. Is that proportional rebate something I have to ask or they will give it to me? I guess I will have to ask  Wink Where I should ask for it? Contact customer support maybe? Thanks.
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I think you have to ask once the service is up and running again if you think it is worth the bother
irsina
Dabbler

Thanks a lot.
adie:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@irsina
Having just checked your account I can see that a fault is still ongoing so it's best to address this with us when the fault has been resolved. That way we can credit you for a definite period of downtime.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team