cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 days with no broadband, no phone and no answer from Plusnet!!

LucasJed

3 days with no broadband, no phone and no answer from Plusnet!!

I've been waiting 3 days for someone to check the fault on line but no available. I have no dial-tone on my phone, no broadband connection and no one seems to care to answer my emails. Phone calls with registered voice-message informing of waiting time 30min end and start another 30 min. Is anyone still working there??? If so, I am also based in Sheffield where Plusnet has its HQ I believe. Shall I visit you in person? The direct debit though works perfectly and I was already charged for the broadband, which I don't have!
What is going on Plusnet ???? Do you still exist or moved your call centre to India so there's something lost in translation with no disrespect to anyone in India.
I guess the only way to hear from you is to put alarm bells to warn others through social networks. I'll be then setting up specially dedicated Facebook and twitter accounts to this matter. I now need to pay £6 per day with BT FON wi-fi service, the only available way to be in touch and check whether you Plusnet managed to respond to my emails as you don't pick up the phone. l will invoice to you for each day that I am with no service. You are forcing me in this way to use competitive internet provider just so I can write this message and await your answer about the problem. 
I look forward to hearing from you but if I don't, you'll hear from me, this time we'd start with the local Telegraph paper.
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: 3 days with no broadband, no phone and no answer from Plusnet!!

Quote from: LucasJed
and no one seems to care to answer my emails

Not surprising as in all probability the email address you've used is not monitored. They don't take reports by email - you need to either speak to them or raise a fault (http://faults.plus.net) or ticket/question (http://contactus.plus.net/)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
LucasJed

Sorry, the "email" was a wrong terminology. I issued an electronic query, so called a ticket, that  I raised 2 days ago with an automated text that its been received but no answer from anyone. Its been like this for 3 days now.
tonyw
Dabbler

The direct debit though works perfectly and I was already charged for the broadband, which I don't have!

The direct debit will work perfectly because your bank, and not Plusnet, set it up on your account.
LucasJed

I should ad that the subject of the automatically generated "correspondence" is called "awaiting support team answer" but is has been awaiting 72 hours so far! This reminds me of "Waiting for Godot' or should I say waiting for Plusnet!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the issue, I'll do what I can to help.
I'll be then setting up specially dedicated Facebook and twitter accounts to this matter

I'd encourage everyone to sign up accounts on both (not for that reason though!) but please don't post there to get attention for this particular issue as you have ours now and TBH it would probably mean me taking time away from dealing with this issue to answer your posts there Smiley
I've just checked to see where we're up to with your fault and can see that a fault was identified with some exchange equipment which affects how your line terminates there. Engineers are due to be working on this today and we should be able to update you tomorrow if not before.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: tonyw
The direct debit though works perfectly and I was already charged for the broadband, which I don't have!

The direct debit will work perfectly because your bank, and not Plusnet, set it up on your account.

Mostly wrong! Yes the bank does set it up at Plusnet's request
However, Plusnet take the money. The bank do not give the money and have no control of the amount taken. Smiley