cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Weeks for installation... then 7 days for Activation?!

BouncingCzech

3 Weeks for installation... then 7 days for Activation?!

Hello all,
First post here, I'm sure you get a lot of this posted on here so I apologise in advance I shall try not to turn this in to a rant.
I signed up for PlusNet as I will only be at this new address for 6 months and they were the only ones who would let me have a rolling month by month contract.
It took 3 weeks to get my phone line 'installed', which was annoying but I understand there's not much you can when the engineers are booked up.
What annoys me though is this 7 day activation I have to wait through now that I have my phone line. Surely all they have to do is hit a button or tick a box somewhere to activate my Internet.
I work from home often so this is really affecting me, does anyone know if it is possible to expedite this activation somehow?
Thanks.
BC,
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 3 Weeks for installation... then 7 days for Activation?!

Hi there,
We can certainly appreciate that long waits for things like this can be very frustrating. The 3 months does seem to be down to engineer availability.
Surely all they have to do is hit a button or tick a box somewhere to activate my Internet.

If you wish that was the case we do to! unfortunately as with a lot of things it's not as simple as that and there is a 7 day lead time against the broadband order as that does involve separate engineer intervention. These orders can be expedited but only at cost. Let me know if you'd like to know more details about that though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BouncingCzech

Fair enough, how much would it cost to expedite the activation? When I asked previously if they would expedite my line installation I was quoted £150 which is just  far too much.
James
Grafter

It's £120, BouncingCzech.
£100 plus VAT.  It's probably in your best interests to wait the extra few days as the expedite will still generally take 2 working days. This just applies to Broadband.  We can't expedite the phone installation (although this is now a redundant issue as your phone line is connected).
BouncingCzech

Thanks guys, this was a lot cheaper than phoning your helpline Wink
BC,
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI BouncingCzech,
Don't forget our helpline is an 0800 number, so free from landlines. We also have an 0345 number, which would be counted as inclusive minutes from a mobile (if you have that kind of plan)
Jojo Smiley