cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Mega Bytes to 0.14 Killer Bytes any one else have this speed drop?

slowmore

3 Mega Bytes to 0.14 Killer Bytes any one else have this speed drop?

My service has recently become completely broken and nearly unusable it also unstable, I had speeds of upto 3MBs and now it droped to under 20KBs, My broadband is now slower than dial up is any one else having such issues with the connection or is it just me?  Sad
5 REPLIES 5
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: 3 Mega Bytes to 0.14 Killer Bytes any one else have this speed drop?

Hi slowmore,
I am sorry to here about your connection and speed issues you have been facing recently. I have looked at your account and can see that you have raised a fault ticket on the 10/10/2015 and it is with our faults team at the moment for further testing and investigation.
I can see from running some checks that you did have a few drops over the 09/10/15 & 10/10/15 which proceeded me to run some quick tests. I have run the tests and it is showing everything to be OK now but it will be worth waiting to see what the faults team come back with after there investigation. In the mean time if you want to run these quick checks from this link as these can assist you further http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/
slowmore

Thank you for looking into the situation for me and for the link Ill have a look at it now, I'm waiting to see what the fault team finds out, I just did a speed check on ookla it was 0.19KBs down and 0.22KBs up which isn't normal for my service, unless Plusnet is throttling my unlimited broadband connection I shouldn't be getting sub dial-up speeds.
Has other users reported similar faults with there connections?
slowmore

My service is still broken guys, its been really bad since the 8th, this is getting ridiculous now, I come up with a new tag line for Plusnet's marketing slogan  "we'll do you over" what you think catchy in't it, is accurate at this point with the service I've been getting. Can you tell I'm fed up  now its driving me  Crazy
cedlor
Grafter

Seems to be taking faults team a while to do initial report these days.
With a normal speed of 3Mbps I guess you are on a long line?
Have you tried the self testing in the speed and fault  sticky threads at top of the forum?
Perhaps post your stats maybe someone can spot something.
Checked your exchange for schedules works? 
slowmore

I'm happy to report that the line has been reset and things are returning to normal, thank you every one who watched this mad man on his quest to have his service sorted. I have to be fair to Plusnet thou they do a very good job with providing customer services and with the internet they provide as it is very good for my area normally, I just got a little frustrated as I use the internet as my primary sauce for entertainment and communication these days. Its good to be back on the internet  Grin