cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£3.00 per mth reduction

firkin
Grafter

£3.00 per mth reduction

My neighbour asked me who my ISP was and would I recommend them. She has never had Broadband. To be sure I was giving her the correct information I opened a ticket (ID: 27482391) asking a few basic questions:
Dear Plusnet support team
...a neighbour has asked me to recommend an ISP and I said I would make enquiries for her. She would like to sign up for BBYW option 1.
Would she get a free router?
Would she get the £3 monthly reduction fee for a 12 month contract?
Would she get free activation? She has never had Broadband only dial up.

I received the following reply?
Dear Mr.xxxxx,
I have answered your questions on the ends of the questions below, for clarity,
Would she get a free router? - In deed
Would she get the £3 monthly reduction fee for a 12 month contract? This can applied for you. Also note this is a 12 month contract.
Would she get free activation? She has never had Broadband only dial up. - She would need and get free activation.

I've just recieved an email from her giving this reply from Plusnet  from an email she sent them:
E-mail reply from Plusnet says £3 discount is a loyalty incentive after 12month's membership. I did give your references. 

I asked for confirmation and as far as I'm concerned it was given, to be informed that it's not open to her has probably lost Plusnet a new customer. Surely in light of the response to my query this potential new customer could be granted the discount?  Shocked
11 REPLIES 11
James
Grafter

Re: £3.00 per mth reduction

She'd need to raise a ticket herself.
There's only so much information that we could disclose about someone elses account (ie: no personal details).  But if you want to PM me the account username I'll happily check it out in the morning.
Fifer
Grafter

Hi
I was thinking about going for this offer, now i find out it's a loyalty incentive after 12 Months membership (or is it?)
The only way I found out about this offer was through the Forums, nothing on the Plusnet website or anywhere else
No information about how long the offer runs for or when it finishes.  I've read the other posts about it on the forum somewhere
this was a bit short on detail as well.  It all seems to be a bit vague.  As i joined Plusnet on 28th February 2008 do i have to wait till
February 2009 to take up this offer assuming it lasts that long.
Fifer
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Dear Mr.xxxxx,
I have answered your questions on the ends of the questions below, for clarity,
Would she get a free router? - In deed
Would she get the £3 monthly reduction fee for a 12 month contract? This can applied for you. Also note this is a 12 month contract.
Would she get free activation? She has never had Broadband only dial up. - She would need and get free activation.

That's bad! It's always been the case that you can't take up a second offer if you have already taken up one which puts you on a 12 month contract. So people who have taken up the free router option can't go on to the £3 discount.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mav
Fixes: 515

As I mentioned in the thread £3 off. Yes I would like this please. I was offered the £3 discount and I had already just taken a free router offer.
Perhaps PN have changed their policy on this?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pierre_pierre
Grafter

me as well
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I didnt think the free router put you on a 12mth contract , it is just that if you leave with 12mths then you have to pay for the router!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Ah! a subtle difference that I had overlooked - perhaps it is allowed Huh
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

You're not meant to get the current special offers when you have a deferred contract as an existing customer, which I outlined in my official response in the other thread Smiley  The same should have applied to the £3 off special offer, but I'd expect there to be an element of case-by-case basis to it.
To clarify, the free router isn't a 12 month contract, it's just a deferred item.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

James the first post was about a new referral and conflicting answers, if not correctly answered th OP would go elswhere, it still hasnt be answeref to the referrers ticket
James
Grafter

Hi Peter,
I'm fully aware thanks Smiley  I have a PM from Firkin that I'll be looking into this morning.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Quote from: Jameseh
To clarify, the free router isn't a 12 month contract, it's just a deferred item.

Thanks for clearing that up Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still