cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Router Faulty... Third time lucky?!

glennburnard
Grafter

2nd Router Faulty... Third time lucky?!

So Plusnet were kind enough to replace my router with a new one as the first one kept on disconnecting over wire and wireless...
Around 10 days passed and everything was fine and then the new router (The cheap looking Thompson one) started overheating and making an annoying buzzing noise. I am having to restart the router at least 5 times a day as the internet keeps on disconnecting from devices and router (sometimes).
Third one is on the way... I hope everything works fine otherwise this will be really silly.
Oh and the other day I was on Skype on the PC. the internet went off in the browsers of all connected devices but the Skype call was not affected :-S
Wish me luck...
4 REPLIES 4
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: 2nd Router Faulty... Third time lucky?!

That's very interesting. How long was the "internet off" in that situation and has it happened again since.
Has the 582n that this happened on, got a USB port and which firmware version have you got on it?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Have to admit I'm wondering if everything else was connected wirelessly but the PC connected by a cable?
Also just wondering whether it's plugged into a possibly dodgy power socket, if two routers have started doing exactly the same thing.
Anotherone
Champion

The wireless aspect I should have thought of Matt, as that may be relevant, but the actual 'event' I have seen (which is why I asked) and it wasn't anything to do with dodgy power.
Edit: and to complete the picture were you using a browser on the same machine as the Skype?
Anotherone
Champion

It would be nice to get some responses to the questions to see if yours fitted a pattern that's been observed!