cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

288/1152 sync speed - Plusnet 1mb config?

Rolo0207
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

288/1152 sync speed - Plusnet 1mb config?

Been having issues with new plusnet line which is configured as fixed 1mb, but plusnet telephone support would not do anything whilst in 10days settling period. Surely this should be obvious on their system? Worst it was that they seemed to not understand that I would not pay for a substandard line speed, quoting that line speeds are only an estimate. Plusnet have not put me on the service that I was contracted to. Any thoughts?
8 REPLIES 8
caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: 288/1152 sync speed - Plusnet 1mb config?

Rolo0207
Dabbler

Thanks for the link, it doesn't look promising as I can't see that the person in the link actually had their problem resolved! I f it doesn't get resolved I will just move to a different provider I suppose.
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

@Rolo0207

I'm working on the basis that it got fixed as there were no more posts from the complainant.

The link below is more or less the same problem but with BT so it seems that it's a case of an ISP putting users on the wrong service & it should be a simple matter of putting you onto ADSL Max.

I assume you aren't in a fibre area yet.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=449.0

Rolo0207
Dabbler

I have just come from a fibre connection but no fibre here yet. Annoyingly the exchange is enabled, but not to our house cabinet yet, most of the village can get it. Hopefully someone from plusnet will see the mistake and fix it, I have a bad feeling that they will force me to wait out my 10days settling period before admitting to a mistake though. The whole process of moving house with plusnet is something I want to put behind me though as they cancelled my first order without telling me so I was online a week later than originally told, and now at a very low speed. It doesn't help that everytime I try and call them there is a monumental waiting time on the phone and for very little actual help. Anyway, rant over! Thanks for your help!
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

@Rolo0207

Ooh, I feel your pain!!

In 2014 we moved from a Virgin cable 100 Mbps connection to around a 3 Mbps ADSL connection but we got an FTTC connection in May 2015 & we're now on a 50 Mbps connection.

HM  Government should stop sending billions to Africa, Syria & God knows where else & spend it on fixing our infrastructures.

It seemed the longest year ever.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @Rolo0207

Massive apologies for the slow speed and for the advice given over the phone yesterday.

Looking into the account I can see the order was incorrectly provisioned on wholesale product of Home/Office 1000 which essentially capped at sync 1152.

I can see that one of my colleagues has picked up your fault ticket and is in the process of modifying the service to change the speed. This order will go through by Monday.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Rolo0207
Dabbler

Thanks! Fingers crossed it will corrected early next week. Thanks for taking my issue seriously and actually looking in more detail at this.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problem.

I'd be surprised if the speed didn't increase come Monday, but feel free to let me know if you have any problems.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button