Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2704n Router Admin Password

mag
Grafter

2704n Router Admin Password

Hello,
I have been provided with the new 2704n Plusnet router.
My normal practice is to change from the router default password (I recall an issue a while ago where an algorithm linking SSID to default password for BT Homehubs was made public).
At first I could see no way to do this, but I found a way (courtesy of this forum) using the expert_user.html (Sagemcom) GUI.
It then occurred to me that maybe the reason why Plusnet don't provide a way to change this password is that they need to know it to push out security patches automatically.
Can anyone advise me if this is the case?
Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: 2704n Router Admin Password

That's highly improbable. Firmware updates are usually pushed in a different manner and in any event, to date, Plusnet have not pushed any to their previous modem/routers except on request or where recommend to an individual user who's had a specific issue that updated firmware addresses.
The standard GUI that users have access to is designed to be simple so that non-tech users have no problem with the basic settings, in other words it's basically "plug and play". As you've discovered there are additional things that you can do using the expert_user GUI.
mag
Grafter

Re: 2704n Router Admin Password

Thank you.