cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2704N router help please

dave7601

2704N router help please

Hi,
I have been getting very low download speeds recently (0.2 mbps and slower)  so I renewed my adsl filter and cables,this did not cure the problem and I noticed that the green internet light on my 5 year old Thomson TG585V7 router is flickering almost all of the time when iam online (although it seems to stay on solidly almost all of the time when the computer is switched off,is this normal ?).
Thinking that the router needed replacement I bought an almost new 2704N  router off ebay.
The new router will not connect to the internet,the green broadband and internet lights are not coming on and with the help of the 2704N faq page it seems that the problem is because the router is set up for fibre broadband use.
To make matters worse when I try to go to the routers ip address website (192.168.1.254) iam being asked to enter my username and password which it is not responding to  (I assume this is the same username and password that I access my plusnet account with?),and to complicate things even further the reset button on the 2704N is not working. Angry
Any ideas where I go from here?
Thanks