cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 hours to answer a fault ticket?

shadowdale

Come on guys my broadband is dead and I need it raising to BT to fix; 24 hours later though no-one has even looked at my ticket?
Please raise the fault.  Sad
Scott
10 REPLIES 10
AndyH
Grafter

Re: 24 hours to answer a fault ticket?

Is increasingly normal at the moment Sad
Is your phone line down too? Any error messages when connecting in your router? Lights on the router?
shadowdale

I'd go technical but bit of a waste of time, if the kit works in someones elses house but not yours it's not the kit  Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Unfortunately my instant reaction seeing this in the list of topics was "as quick as that?".
Plusnet support is far from being in a good place at the moment because the numbers of new users they are taking on far outstrips the ability of the support department to cope. See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122115.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AndyH
Grafter

If you give some more details of the problem on here, there might be some things we can think of.
Is your phone line ok with no noise/static?
TORPC
Grafter

When you say kit do you mean just the Router ?Huh
Or
Router PC / Laptop / other Mobile IAD ?Huh
Have you tested the Router direct in the Master socket/ / new filter(s) / cables etc ?Huh
What happens when you you dial 17070 option 2 ?Huh
shadowdale

Should change the title of this post to 40 hours now  Angry
Guys thanks for the suggestions but not needed, by kit I mean router, microfilter, cables, into master socket faceplate removed etc etc etc, this isn't my first dance  Wink
It's very simple though all I have in my house ATM is a single router etc plugged into the master socket which has been tested at a PlusNet friends house and no fault found, therefore the only reason for no sync is outside of my control hence the request for this to be raised to BT.
Over the many years I've recommended PlusNet to hundreds of folks, looks like that ends today  Angry
shadowdale

Mmmm, just rang support and got the high call volume 30 min wait time message, however answered within a few seconds by Luke, nice bloke doing the testing now and gonna call me back when they're done.
In times of crisis I can understand tickets going to pot as it's all hands to the pumps on the phones, is this a case of constant crisis though as that's a real shame for the support team  Sad
AndyH
Grafter

What we're saying is if there is a fault with your phone line (not working/noise on it), then this needs to be raised with your phone provider. This is why we wanted you to check that first.
shadowdale

Yeah sorry should have mentioned no phone fault, just plugged in a landline phone to ring support (had to dust it off first lol)  Wink
It's a good job there's friendly folks on here, distinct lack of PN presence, very unlike the old days?
dick:quote
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Generally we aren't around the Forums on a weekend, there is of course the odd exception such as this.
I post from home at a weekend, in my own time. Some of the Technical Support guys and girls do post when they can but at the moment, it's pretty much all hands on deck whilst we get the calls answered as quickly as possible.
I'm glad you've had someone pick this up for you anyhow, please do let me know if I can be of any assistance.