cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

22-57kb/s download for a while now.

robbiec89

22-57kb/s download for a while now.

Hi, i havent been able to break the 57kbs mark on any downloading i've done for a while now, any time of the day or night.
When i initiate a download it starts going at around 500kb/s then over maybe 10 seconds gradually drops to around 20kb/s and will stay there.
BT results are as follows;
Download speedachieved during the test was - 302 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50 Kbps-500 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :544 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 350 Kbps
The Llechryd Exchange is showing no problems.
The router is plugged into the master socket.
No spy/malware on Computers
No telephones causing problems
Is there any chance i can be getting nearer 300kbs+ or am i doomed to 89hour downloads Sad
Much appreciated
Robbie
2 REPLIES 2
Bitemeh
Dabbler

Re: 22-57kb/s download for a while now.

I am exactly the same through the day yet at night when its "free usage" time midnight till 8am, i get downloads speeds of up to 850+ kbps. Why is it so bad throught the day? It never used to be. And ive checked the speeds, through the day certain times it should be low but not ALL the time. Would also like an answer  Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 22-57kb/s download for a while now.

@robbiec89 - I can see your line profile is very low, is the router already in the master socket and are all other items plugged into the line filtered? That should (if they're not already) improve your sync rate and get things going a bit quicker for you.
@Bitemeh - happy to take a look for you but it looks like your forum account links to a different account than the one you're currently using, if you could advise of a ticket ID I'll happily look into it for you?