cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CN

grahamholmes
Grafter

21CN

Hi, I have noticed since going on 21CN my internet speed in the evening is really slow and web pages are taking a long time to load.
If I do a speed test in the day its pushing 5mb in the evening its 1-2mb, when I was on 20cn it was a constant 4-4.5mb.
Can something be done about this as my contract is up soon and I am considering other providers if it does not improve.
Thanks

Graham
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: 21CN

Other providers who will put you back on the "Up to 8 Meg" ADSLMax service that you had before your exchange was upgraded?  I think Plusnet can do that too, if that is what you want.
I found that when I moved from 20CN to 21CN that my SNR margin, which had been rock-steady on 20CN became much more sensitive to night-time conditions and now drops by 1 to 1.5dB when it got dark.  I have seen other locations where the drop-off is more extreme.  If your SNR margin gets too close to zero then you can arrive in a state where your effective speed is much lower than your sync rate because too many data packets get corrupted and have to be resent.   
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Once an exchange has had 21CN enabled BT set a date when 20CN will be turned off - you can find out if the date has been set and when it is by putting your phone number in to http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput
Going back to 20CN isn't a long term solution!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: jelv
Going back to 20CN isn't a long term solution!

Going to another provider isn't a long term solution either; it's not even a short term solution.  So I got the impression the OP just wanted a quick fix. 
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Graham,
I can't see any issues on your line to be causing this, are all the speed tests over a wired connection. If so, I'd suggest raising a fault as we'd need to take a closer look at this - http://faults.plus.net