Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CN upgrade?

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

21CN upgrade?

Hi All, I've just been away for 6 weeks and on coming back see my exchange has been upgraded to 21CN - now I'm sure this has been asked before but a search didn't really throw anything up and I have seen threads where members have been upgraded but I don't understand what it would mean for me if I ask for the upgrade.
I have a Belkin 54g router that's about 4 years old and continues to give good service would an upgrade require me to buy a newer router and would the upgrade give me better speeds? I am about 3.5km from the exchange 100 metres from the green cabinet.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 21CN upgrade?

Hi there,
Whether you'll need a new router or not depends on whether the model you have is ADSL2 compatible or not.
Checks are showing that the estimated speeds are around 4mb on 21CN which is pretty much the same as to what you have now.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: 21CN upgrade?

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Telephone?URL=&SP_NAME=a%20service%20provider&VERSION=... will tell you the range of speeds you might expect.
Even if there is no improvement in sync speed 21CN has a different graduated profiling system than 20CN which is very coarse which can be beneficial.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)