cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CN switchover date?

hovis76
Dabbler

21CN switchover date?

Any way I can find out when my line was switched over to 21CN?  I had the 21CN email on the 27th feb and today the broadband light is flashing occasionally and no Internet light.
I wonder if this is related?  According to the usage stats on the plus.net website it went down a few days ago (Wednesday 5th).  The line is a long way from the Exchange and we only got about 1.5Mbps download before, but it was stable.
Trying to diagnose this remotely as the line is for my Mother at her house!  I have had her power cycle the router and her BT line is also fine.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: 21CN switchover date?

Can you provide a ticket number from the account
Alternatively PM one of the Digital Care Team with the account name so they can check
However if the account is the one you registered on these forums from they should be able to pick it up
hovis76
Dabbler

Yes my forum username is the same as my plus net account name.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi hovis76,
Unfortunately the Digital Care Team will not be in over the weekend, however, I'll be more than happy to take a look into this for you tomorrow morning. I'll drop you a message on here when I know more from looking into your account Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi hovis76,
It looks as though your line has gone 'Out of Sync'. I would suggest for you to try an alternative Microfilter, we need to try and get your 'Broadband' light to stop flashing. If that does not help, I would advise you try and plug your equipment into your <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/master-socket-guide.shtml">Test Socket</a>.
Once we get this issue sorted, we can then look at getting an order placed for 21CN as it appears that an order hasn't been placed yet. Smiley
hovis76
Dabbler

Many thanks for looking at this.
Had my brother try the other microfilter which was originally supplied with the router in the BT test socket and no luck.  He also did a factory reset of the router (TG585v7) but no luck either (see screenshot attached).
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi hovis76 ,
If you are still seeing problems as per your screenshot attachment, I would advise for you to work your way through our Broadband Fault Checker so that we can get a fault raised if there is an issue on your line. You can do that here: http://faults.plus.net
Let me know if there is anything else I can help with Smiley
hovis76
Dabbler

Many thanks.  I guess the only step left before reporting a fault is to try another router.  I have an ancient old Netgear DG834 (v1) at the office somewhere that I can send in the post so my brother can try it next weekend.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi hovis76,
Yes, that would be great if you could, that way we know that there are no issues with any of your internal equipment or cabling.