Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CN query

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: 21CN query

Strat is right, it's the distance from the Cab to you that counts, so no you won't see the same loss.
Spicer

Thanks for the info, it all starts to look very good and I can't wait to join the 21st century  Cool
Would any PN staff care to answer the last question about the line rental?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sure thing, sorry that got missed - no, you won't need to pay anything further to BT if you transfer the line rental to us though there might be final fees to sort out. You'd need to check with BT as regards those though. But once they're paid and the move is complete you won't need to pay BT for anything Smiley
alexftw
Grafter

Quote from: Spicer
- The other question is for alexftw if he still reads this: Why would you want to go for ADSL2+ and not FTTC, unless your cabinet is not yet equipped?
Is there a downside to FTTC vs ADSL?

Good question. My answer is simple. My cabinet is not equipped and is not even on the rollout according to an FTTC availability checker I found online.
I've resurrected this thread because even normal BT website checker now shows I can get the full ADSL2+ speed, whereas previously it did not. I had heard a rumor that Fair Oak had had its upgrade early, so thought I'd ask you lovely people to check see whether I can get the faster speeds...
Is it showing as possible now? Can an order be placed?

Thanks in advance for checking
Alex
LuthersBoots
Grafter

Got mine done a couple of weeks ago. Went from a 8mb connection to a 20mb connection overnight. Brilliant!!!
Now I've just got to figure out why my torrent downloading has slown to a.crawl.  Angry