cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CN now active Fair Oak exchange?

alexftw
Grafter

21CN now active Fair Oak exchange?

Sorry, I had a post about this a month ago, but probably best to setup a new post in case the other one gets lost Smiley
BT website now shows I can get CN21 (~19Mb/s speeds). When I queried this on the BT wholesale site about a month ago (and posted here), it showed that my cabinet was due for upgrade, although the BT website did not show I was able to get the newer speed just yet. I checked back yesterday and it shows I can get this now, so maybe they have carried out the work? Samknows still reports end of Sept though.
Can you check for me and upgrade if its available? Otherwise I'll check back after the listed install date in September.
Thanks
Alex
8 REPLIES 8
houlton23
Grafter

Re: 21CN now active Fair Oak exchange?

If you can post the output of this checker, we can tell you for definite if 21CN is available.
Alex Smiley
alexftw
Grafter

Thanks. It is one I have used before...

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 8Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 7Mbps and 8Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 17Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 10Mbps and 19.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1.5Mbps and downstream line speed of 17Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 10Mbps and 19.5Mbps.
The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.
If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You're on - I suggest raising a ticket PDQ
alexftw
Grafter

Thanks both  Cheesy
I'll get on that asap!
alexftw
Grafter

Hey guys, just a quicky. A neighbour of  mine is with BT, and I mentioned to him to get his package updated to CN21. He spoke with BT yesterday, and they said he couldn't have it yet, wasn't enabled for our area....
I'm presuming that you cannot put me onto the CN21 upgrade if it isn't capable of accepting it? In a previous thread I started I was told that although it looked as though my line could take it, my profile couldn't be updated but to check back, which I did later and was put onto it. No change in sync speed yet although I did only ask for it on Saturday.
Are BT wrong?
Cheers Smiley
Alex
prichardson
Grafter

Hi Alex,
You appear to be using two conflicting terms when you quote "it showed that my cabinet was due for upgrade" and "BT website now shows I can get CN21".
A 21CN upgrade provides speeds of upto 16Mb using ADSL2+ technology. This does not require any changes to your local cabinet (CAB) to provide this service and is done through installation of new equipment in the telephone exchange.
An upgrade to a CAB is normally the term used related to an upgrade for Fibre to the Cabinet.
I can see an upgrade to ADSL2+ is in progress on your service.
I can't advise why your neighbor may have been advised it is not available. It's not completely unrealistic for your neighbor to be served from a different exchange that is not enabled, but that is unlikely. It's also possible that BT work from different internal sets of data,
We use information that reflects the realtime ability to order the service and our suppliers would not have even let us place the order if it did not indicate availability.
alexftw
Grafter

Thanks P, appreciate the detailed response.
You are quite right about conflicting, I meant exchange. . . I have been used to investigating the fibre rollout in my area.
I've just had an update on my plusnet ticket by Chris P to say that its planned now for completion on the 14th September. I'll tell my mate to check back with BT shortly. When I used to be with BT it was near impossible to get sense out of them, and you lot are always full of common sense and a helpful bunch. Thanks very much
Alex
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why not ask your mate to check the availability via Plusnet!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)