Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CN availability

BruceMcTavish
Grafter

21CN availability

On this page
https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Library/Network_Information/21CN_Broadband_Availibility/ind...
there is an XL download for exchanges 21CN status. Most are Yes including many around my area.
Unfortunately my exchange, Coldingham, doesn't appear on the list at all. Seems like we have dropped off the BT Wholesale radar.
Last time I spoke to a BT engineer (Oct 14) they were de-daxing (?) many cable runs to keep up with demand for brooadband installs in parts of the village.
4 REPLIES 4
AndyH
Grafter

Re: 21CN availability

DACS is an old device that allowed two lines to be connected over one copper pair. It saved time/money back in its day as you didn't need to run new copper cables, but it's an issue now because ADSL/FTTC won't work on lines with DACS.
It might be your exchange will skip the 21CN upgrade and receive FTTx instead first. This is increasingly common around the country.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

From what I can see there's no date for 21cn or Fibre.
I would imagine your probably covered by one of the government schemes to roll out fibre in rural areas.
It might be worth having a word with your MP to see if there's any plans.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Try putting your information in here http://www.digitalscotland.org/whereandwhen
It may be that it is an exchange only line - if so you would need to look for FTTP and here you would be dependent on the Scottish Government
BruceMcTavish
Grafter

Spot on with suggestion.
Wondering if waiting for Scottish Government is a good thing or a bad thing. !!!
jim:quote