Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CN Enablement

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: 21CN Enablement

As I understand it, when BTw enable an exchange for 21CN that means they've installed MSANs (Multi-Service Access Nodes) and connected them to their infrastructure. That has no effect whatsoever on current connections where the broadband side goes to a line card in a DSLAM (Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer).
Only when users move over to an ADSL2+ service will their line be transferred to the MSAN.
David
MattT

on the theme of FTTH did anyone read
http://www.computershopper.co.uk/news/187383
only a hint but we can hope:)
scootie
Grafter

Dam bt had my 2.5mb line stable with no disconnetions with interleaving offf for ages since yestarday i have had loads of resyncs.
1st noticed last night after midnight when i was doing some p2p and noticed i was getting speeds that where to fast for my line profile put router stats lite on and found i was sync at 3552 with a default 6 db snr. The snr bit is where im blaming bt for this mess as i had my default set at 9 db and used dmt to put it to 12db so my line profile was at best 2.5mb to get less errors on my line with interleaving off.
checked the plus net user tools site and found that bt had changed the date that wbc was to go live at my exchange was october this year b4 but on checking they have moved it back to march of next year but this bit made me think bt is to blame as this info on the user site was updated on the 1st of setpmber this year funny that my line is now not stable since the 31st of august.
what i think happend they have started the work on my exchange ready for the old october go live date and found some problems of sum sort ie enginer droped his cup of coffe on my dslam haha joking but some sort of problems cracked off and now put the go live date back to reflect the time to sort it out.
Can bt be trusted to provide the isps with a product any faster than 8mb in my opion i think this wbc product is going to cause pn some headaches of bt's making.
and yes ive gone round with my little old radio listening for interfrence and every thing else i could do to check the disconnections wasnt user end
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Why did you type the first letter of each sentence in the first and penultimate paragraphs in upper-case, but in lower-case in all the remaining paragraphs?  Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

scootie
Grafter

dyslexic pal. so gramma and stuff goes out the window.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

My apologies.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."