Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£20 a month for 0.4MBs.

StuMac
Dabbler

£20 a month for 0.4MBs.

I'd really appreciate some help.
When I joined Plusnet I had a broadband speed of 1.5Mbs (not fast I know, I live in the sticks), however, this has continuously been dropping and is now only around 0.4Mbs. I have submitted 2 fault reports/ asked admin on here for help (last one about 2 months ago and the previous one 2 months before that).
When I've asked for help, you have reset the line (?) and the speed increased to 1.0Mbs for a while. I realise the speed drops because it may be a bad line etc and is an automatic task but I'm coming to the end of my tether. I checked availability on my line on the Bt website and it quoted available speed as 0.75-2.5Mbs.
Is this a fault with the Bt line? I f so is there anything you could do to help me please as I think £20 per month for 0.4Mbs isn't reasonable.
Or, if it's my router causing the problem, I'd happily change that. Its a Belkin F5D8636-4 v2.
Or is the only option to have my broadband with BT (which would be a shame)?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: £20 a month for 0.4MBs.

Hi StuMac,
Sorry to hear you're having difficulty. I see the last fault was raised in September. As your current sync rate is below acceptable levels I would suggest raising a fault again. This will be the best way to tackle your issue.
Jojo Smiley
StuMac
Dabbler

Thank you for your fast response (as always), the last official report was in September but the last time (November) I asked for help on here instead.
I will put in a report now thank you.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, I definitely think that's the best bet, as temporary fixes don't seem to be helping.