cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months of constant disconnections and Now this!

Ghostrunner

2 months of constant disconnections and Now this!

We signed up with plusnet 2 months ago and from day one we have had nothing but problems.

We have had 6 engineers out and with drop outs of 20+ per day not one of them could fix our problem
So to cut a long story short they decided they had to let us go from our contract , so we gave them a date to stop the service which is the 16th November ( Friday ) so guess what happened today the 10th of November, yep you guessed it the Internet and fone went off .
We foned them and had to wait 45 mins to speak to a woman who ( get this ) told us the is a problem with the copper wiring , now we have had 6 engineers out and they never found a problem with the copper wiring yet this woman from her chair can see differently.
She explained she will send an engineer out ( number 7 ) now bear in mind it's Saturday, so she will send him out for the middle of next week and we are swapping over on Friday,
So I asked her have you stopped our service before the date we agreed on and she said no ( I didn't believe her ) and the reason I don't is because we only ever had problems with the broadband and never the fone.
So I explained everything to her and said we want an engineer out today.... she said no we can't do that so I asked for Monday and she said she will have to put us on hold again , so 2 mins later she tells me yes we can do it Monday.

I'm am appalled by this company, how are they allowed to practice like this.
Come Friday when we change over to virgin we will be right on the fone to the onsbudsman, I want answers I want to know how a company like this can treat people the way we have been treated.
3 REPLIES 3
termyrs

Re: 2 months of constant disconnections and Now this!

I feel your pain my friend but thats nothing. We signed up with them last december and had broadband issues from day one. 7 months later, 19 engineer call outs, 3 new lines and various other excuses along the way and its still not great. Our issue was what i told them it was after 2 months and that their router was usless. Its one of the worse routers ever made and BT know this as its a BT home hub 5. I was offered a free release from my contract but i told them they need to fix my internet before i do leave and then i made a deal with them that i thought was reasonable to keep me in my contract. After 7 months we finally got a decent router from them abd that seemed to fix out poor internet problem. But it hasnt lasted and instead of our internet dropping out 20-30 times a day now, the speed just drops so low that we cant watch anything. Ive just called them and they have told me theres a 55 minute wait. Im now going to issue another formal complaint so i can get things dealt with quickly, well if you can call it quickly.

Ghostrunner

I would of took the free release from contract.
This company is a disgrace.
termyrs

i agree, and i will be leaving next month