cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months and still no connection

wheelrepair

2 months and still no connection

Could some one please escalate call 23483939 to CS management as after 2 months we still are not working and all we are getting is multiple repeat messages of:-
"Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review"
"Your fault Ticket has now been taken off hold"
"This has now been forwarded to the relevant support team."

we get these over and over again, now after 2 months some bright spark has asked us to make sure there are no faxes, modems, ringers or sky boxes plugged in (to our brand new phone line put in for broadband)and to try a new micro filter, things we did when we first reported the fault and spoke to customer support.
To all the viewers out there, the problem, we got a brand new BT line put in for broadband, we waited and waited and waited, finally after 3 weeks or so we were told by Pn that BT kept cancelling the install saying the line wasn't capable of 8Mb, funny how the units each side of us have 8Mb and its a new line.  Then BT say we cannot have it as the line is part of a PABX, do what? that would be fun as the line had only just been installed, and we don't use a PABX here, just a fax/phone line and separate broadband line.
Finally got it at 512Kb, router arrives, plugs in no sync, hmmm, new microfilter, still no sync, plug in a phone got dial tone phoned PN CS, got modem noises in headset and sync, oh its working, put phone down, loose sync,. strange?? pick phone up sync comes back, must be 2 dodgy microfilters, borrowed one off a working system, (they used their spare to keep working) same result with a proven filter.
Phoned CS went through all the tests, even CS hadn't heard of a fault like this one, BT came out, no fault found (standard BT response) haven't got a different router to try, carn't use next doors they are a radio station, we were lucky to borrow their micro filter.
I suspect a c0ck up with Bt's line installation in the first place, but it also sounds like the routers modem is faulty giving sounds in the phones headset just like a filter failure, I don't have the equipment to test it myself but maybe one of our avid viewers might have come across this or a similar problem.  Please post your answers or suggestions below.
Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: 2 months and still no connection

Line fault.
I've had it several times when you can hear modem-like noises in the phone, and picking up the phone will allow you to sync.
In every case it turned out to be a line fault.
You do need to persevere with this one.  Plusnets hands are a little tied when it comes to dealing with BT, but they will keep putting the ticket back to BT on your behalf if you keep pushing.
I'm sure one of the comms team can pick up your ticket and advise as to the best course of action.
B.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Wheelrepair,
I've submitted your engineer times to BT for you and will let you know as soon as a date is confirmed, should be later on today. Bear in mind though that a morning slot is 8 'till 1 and the afternoon 1 'till 6.
I appreciate your frustration but the fault is in hand with BT and until we get feedback from them all we can do is wait for the work to be done.
wheelrepair

Thanks Orbrey, we a wait in anticipation, although the last BT engineer to come out said no fault found.