cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 for 1 email

owlguard
Grafter

2 for 1 email

Hi everyone,i will be honest and say a longish time ago,i asked the same question but couldnt get a solution,due to my lack of knowledge but my question is,can anyone tell me how to stop getting 2 identical emails instead of 1,its driving me crazy.
                                                                                                  regards ray Smiley
36 REPLIES 36
James
Grafter

Re: 2 for 1 email

Ray,
Is this just emails from us or whenever someone sends you an email?
owlguard
Grafter

seems like all emails jameseh.Jameseh sorry but its outlook express im on about.
James
Grafter

Thanks Ray.
I've sent you an email.
owlguard
Grafter

Smiley
        Hi again jameseh,when will i get your email and will it come in my out express.?
James
Grafter

Hi Ray,
I sent it about ten minutes ago.  You should be able to download it using Outlook Express, yes.
owlguard
Grafter

Ive just had  an email saying theres a new post on a board your watching but i havent got your email,from 10 mins ago.
James
Grafter

Ray - PM me your email address in case I used the wrong one.
owlguard
Grafter

HI Jameseh,i believe i sent you a reply,im not sure what to do if anything,could you give me a definite answer(if possible of course)wether or not i can help myself out of this situation or if you indeed can help me.regards ray. Smiley
James
Grafter

Hi Ray,
I'm sorry I missed your email reply earlier.
I don't think all of your emails are getting duplicated, but I do think that you're getting two copies of each email from us.  This is because we send the email to both your postmaster and preferred contact address.  Because your postmaster address is redirecting to your preferred contact address, you're getting two copies to the same mailbox.
Are you getting duplicates from other people?  To which address?
owlguard
Grafter

Al l i can tell you,is if i get emails to my plus.com or my hotmail.com address i believe im getting 2 of the same on everything i receive.I opened my webmail up this morning and i believe id got 2 from that cnn spam,virus site we were warned about,obviously i deleted them both,as it were.Does this help.?
James
Grafter

Not really Smiley
I had about 5 or 6 of those emails this morning.  Can you let me know if you are getting duplicates of anything else that isn't spam?
owlguard
Grafter

Well here goes,my mates email,he lives in canada,sends em to my hotmail and occasionally my plusnet.comEmails from plusnet,for my a/c payments/reply in forums.
Shopping on internet from anybody and everybody,spam yes indeed.My brother in romsey to my plusnet and my hotmail.com.Qvc to my plusnet.com.The only one ive just had the 1 from is yours this morning,i believe.If this doesnt work,sod it,i will just put up with it mate and keep on deleting a lot.regards ray. Smiley
James
Grafter

Ray,
Are they all sending to the same address that you gave me?
owlguard
Grafter

The plusnet one ,yes thats the only one ive got as it were,the only reason ive got another 1 or 2 im not sure ,its the webmail ones to sort out spam,when it was really bad and i didnt understand it all then and i dont now to be honest about it.ray.