Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 accounts need merging into 1

pgorst
Dabbler

2 accounts need merging into 1

Hi all
I have 2 properties, each with an independent ADSL account provided by Plusnet.  Each account has domain name hosted on it, and I use those domain names for email boxes only.
I am about to sell one of these properties, but want to keep all email boxes live.  I would therefore like to terminate the ADSL account at that property, and move that associated domain name to the other account.  I would ideally like a second mailbox on that account I keep, which handled only mail sent to that domain.
For example:
anything@domain1.co.uk  would go to one mailbox
and
anything@domain2.co.uk  would go the other, new mailbox
Does anyone know if this is possible?  Can Plusnet set this up? 
If necessary, I would consider keeping the other account open and just “downgrade” it to a free or least cost option (perhaps dial up?) just so that I keep the domain hosting and mailbox account.  I don’t really want to pay £9.99 a month an unused ADSL account just for that purpose.
Other suggestions are welcome.  I’m sure it can be done technically; I’m just not sure if it’s a standard offering?
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: 2 accounts need merging into 1

At present it is not possible as the Plusnet system only looks at the part before the @.
See this thread http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,5518.0.html
This is the Pugit http://usergroup.plus.net/pugit/view.php?id=295
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I wonder if this will become available with the email upgrades announced today - it's not on the list.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pgorst
Dabbler

Oh.  That's disappointing.  Surely not beyond mankind's capability?!
I've looked at the email setup admin pages before and there doesn't seem to be any correlation between domain hosting and email accounts.  I guess that's why.
Alright, so the neatest solution is not available.  Any other suggestions, such as downgrade one of my ADSL accounts to a dial up just so that the account remains open with a hosted domain and separate email box?  As I said, I don't really want to pay any more (the ADSL account I'm keeping open already costs £29.99 a month, which I think is a lot!), and it would just be silly to pay £9.99 for an unused (disconnected) account.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you downgrade to dialup PAYG it will cost you £29.38 (including VAT) per domain per annum to host the domain.
See http://www.plus.net/residential/dialup/payasyougo_feature_list.shtml
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chillypenguin
Grafter

I am not sure that you could have a unused ADSL without phone line.
A dial up account may be an option, but I don't know about domains on dial-up account. Jelv beat me to it with the answer.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: jelv
I wonder if this will become available with the email upgrades announced today - it's not on the list.

It's not planned but I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility.
Quote from: pgorst
Alright, so the neatest solution is not available.  Any other suggestions, such as downgrade one of my ADSL accounts to a dial up just so that the account remains open with a hosted domain and separate email box?

Are they both residential accounts and is the domain hosted *and* registered with us?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵