Re: 2 Days with Plusnet and wanting to leave

So buy one that isn't.

John
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@johntboyle wrote:

Do you know what I will just leave it...

That's your best suggestion yet. Good luck!

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@johntboyle wrote:

Yeah, you are absolutely right…please advise me on what help?  Do you honestly think that you answered my question upgrade to a business account, use a BT hub 6…

Who said anything about a business account? I suggested buying the business version of a Smarthub from an auction site.

This was a genuine attempt to suggest a budget solution to your need for a hub with better wireless performance and the option to set the DNS server.

I get the impression that you came here to sound off rather than seek help.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

My take on things is that ISP supplied kit is generally [-Censored-] for want of a better word.

Things have improved with some costlier ISPs, but plusnet are keeping the tradition of supplying [-Censored-] kit alive and well

For most people ( or some?) [-Censored-] kit thats been hobbled by firmware will just about do for the rest then something a little better is required .

I've always seen it as Plusnet ( or any other ISP) supplies a service down the line - such as internet access and a voice service and its upto you to either go with the budget router, or get something else.

Plusnet are not unique in this respect.

If you did a little research into plusnets supplied routers before signing up you would find out all you need to know ( ie the router is  [-Censored-]) but the service ( apart form the router) isnt that bad