cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.5months still no connection

Scannings

2.5months still no connection

I have now been waiting for open reach to install our line for 2.5months, I moved into a new build on the 12th Dec, booked originally with BT in November to come out the day before we moved only to have open reach delay. At the start of Jan and I decided to cancel the order to move to plusnet after hearing they are more competent. Only to have constant fob offs, constant delays from them and open reach, no one seems to give a damn, no one has any answers. The houses either side are connected and running and we are without an answer. Whats my next step? Does a complaint to the ombudsman help? Letter to my local mp?
2 REPLIES 2
PembsPanther
Grafter

Re: 2.5months still no connection

Must be really frustrating fro you, to be honest you have probably not helped matter by cancelling the original BT order to then make another order effectively with BT....................
I'm sure you do not need me to tell you this, don't worry you have found the holy grail of Plus Net support, I am sure one of the excellent CS staff on here will be along soon to try and sort what sounds like a complete nightmare out for you.
Smiley
cedlor
Grafter

Re: 2.5months still no connection

Welcome to the forum - I have read a few threads re new housing estates but usually a whole section is affected.
One problem is that the infrastructure for telecoms sometimes is in the hands of the developer which makes it difficult.
Maybe if you are getting nowhere try contacting the developer and asking them.
Is it ADSL service you are getting as some estates are set up as FTTP.  It also seems odd that your neighbours have workingBB
What service do they have - does it involve overhead or underground cables - if a pole are they on the same pole as you?
Lastly do you have a phone connection and does that work?
Oh and if hoping a PN agent will see this have you used a screen name that PN will have in your account.