cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4ghx and 5ghz conflict?

clarkycat

2.4ghx and 5ghz conflict?

I received my new PlusNet router and since setting up I have been having a few issues with connection, particularly iPhones and my Macbook.  I am wondering whether the automatic dual band is causing an issue?  I have a couple of range extenders in the house too and wondering if that is causing an issue also.  For example, when I walk back in the house, my phone will show full bars of wifi, but the circle just spins when I try and update Facebook as an example.  I have to turn wifi off and on again to to get it to refresh.  A similar thing happens when I move round the house.
Has anyone got any ideas as to why?  For now, I have changed the SSID of my 5ghz just as an experiment to see if this works.
Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: 2.4ghx and 5ghz conflict?

Some iDevices seem to struggle switching, or even connecting when 2.4 and 5Ghz WiFi is synced, adding a 5 to the 5Ghz SSID and not synching them has helped many people.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

just to confirm, that with macbook splitting the networks has resolved the issues.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
clarkycat

Sorry?  Please repeat Smiley
dick:quote
clarkycat

Quote from: Mustrum
Some iDevices seem to struggle switching, or even connecting when 2.4 and 5Ghz WiFi is synced, adding a 5 to the 5Ghz SSID and not synching them has helped many people.

OK great.  I tried adding "5ghz" to the end of the 5 network and so far it seems better. 
clarkycat

OK so still having problems.  My wife's iphone doesn't connect even though it has full bars and I've just had to restart my router again! 
clarkycat

Quote from: dvorak
just to confirm, that with macbook splitting the networks has resolved the issues.

No.
clarkycat

Does anyone know of a conflict with Netgear extenders?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

i've noticed that as i move rooms with my mbp that i need to switch wifi on and off, ipads, phones etc. all seem to be ok.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'