cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st time I've been disappointed with Plusnet

GregKael

1st time I've been disappointed with Plusnet

I've had a ticket open since the 7th of November. mostly because of the sporadic nature of the issue. I updated the ticket on Friday. The issue has now occured again and during local investigation of the fault I noticed some unusual results from my router, it said I was disconnected, yet I was still able to access large swathes of the internet. So I decided to call up as I've never seen this behaviour before (I'm a support engineer for small businesses I see dozens of ADSL faults a month)
The technical help was OK given that it's an unusual error but I asked why the ticket I updated had no response since Friday night when I updated it. The answer I was given is that it can take anything from 48-72 hours to respond. I find that shocking, I've never had any issues with tech support in the past but what I find odd is that the Customer Support Stats page the questions are answered and closed within 4 hours. So which is it? What's the policy if it's 4 hours I'd like to know why the ticket went unanswered for one hour short of 3 days (technically it's still unanswered). If it's 48-72hrs, I'll be looking for a new ISP as that is worst response time I've ever heard of from a tech support line.
4 REPLIES 4
snipperuk
Grafter

Re: 1st time I've been disappointed with Plusnet

im 4days and waiting for a reply  Cry
even if it was a " still fault finding ect" would be nice ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but nothing
GregKael

Well after the tech I spoke to last night added an internal Please investigate message, and I updated further this morning. Still nothing.
well done, I'm now actively looking for another ISP.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi GregKael,
It does say that those estimates are for question handling and that fault and more complex questions can have a longer turnaround. This explanation appears on this page.
Jojo Smiley
GregKael

I understand complex question will take some time to answer. I work in tech support myself and know that things can take time. But there has been no answer at all, not even an acknowledgement that anyone is even looking at the problem/read the ticket. Is it blind trust that we have to put in to your processes that a call is being looked at?